New Idea???

H

hopper

Hello to all the fellow hunters! I have been on this site for a while now, posted some things here and there but for the most part I read the threads and for the most part I really enjoy them. I attend RAC meetings and try to keep involved in the doings of the state concerning hunting etc. Anyways here is an idea that I approached a wildlife board member about last year and I am curious what you fellow hunters thought about it.

What if a program was started that was similar to the dedicated hunter program where unused tags are returned to the state for a chance at a premium hunt. The only difference is that they have to send a questionare back with the unused tag that has a variety of questions concerning number of deer seen, bucks vs does, quality of the experiance, etc, etc. then give the general season hunter a chance for a premium hunt.

I was thinking that maybe this could accomplish several things.
1. Collect research material from the mainstream public concerning their deer hunts.
2. maybe keep people from pulling the trigger on younger deer and increasing the chance of more mature animals.
3. It might increase the general attitude of most hunters in the state that are fed up with feeling like their opinions arent being taken into consideration.

Just curious what everybodys thoughts are?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom