NM highway question ??

lve2143

Very Active Member
What, exactly, is a Safety Corridor ??

I know the fines double in the saftey corridor ect.
but I don't know what one is, or why they put it where
they do.

I go through the one between Clayton and Raton a couple of
times a year and have just always wondered.

Just curious.

Larry

This is what I heard, don't really know how true it is. Gov Bill wanted to raise traffic fines a while back, however he couldn't for one reason or another. So instead they put saftey corridors all over the place, essentially raising traffic fines in many areas. Like I said I am not sure how true that is or not but that is what I was told.

There is one between Las Cruces and El Paso... IMO, it is a pretty decent idea, that section of I-10 is nuts...

Jason

Jason,

That little streach of Highway you're talking
about is BEYOND nut's. I HATE driving through
El Paso.

If you had a flat, you'd be screwed. Like you've
never been screwed before.

My knuckles sweat. I Hate it.

Larry

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-07 AT 12:40PM (MST)[p]Larry...
I agree.. I have to drive to the airport every other week... I have always said, "if God that wants to give the world an enema he would stick the spout in El Paso...

J

"A safety corridor is designed to reduce traffic accidents and fatalities on certain stretches of a highway that have high accident rates. The safety corridor designation allows for an increased law enforcement presence,along with an increase in traffic violation fines."

If there are only 12 in the state, what is that telling us when it seems like there are at least 10 in San Juan County!

HMMMM???

"WIndage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom