Ohv Permits Non Residents in Arizona

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Wow, just noticed that to hunt in Arizona I need a ohv permit. The back of my RZR will look like sticker palace with all the permits that you have to have now from various states. Oh well!

They just started this last year. I had a elk tag there. Luckily I had noticed this new regulation and bought my ohv permit. I got checked by the warden and he asked did I buy it. He was super nice and indicated they weren’t going to enforce it last yr since it kinda flew under the radar but going forward they would. I had mine anyway. Just another fee to add to the bucket lol

They just started this last year. I had a elk tag there. Luckily I had noticed this new regulation and bought my ohv permit. I got checked by the warden and he asked did I buy it. He was super nice and indicated they weren’t going to enforce it last yr since it kinda flew under the radar but going forward they would. I had mine anyway. Just another fee to add to the bucket lol
Got mine when I checking my draw results. Sent for it.

I bought one last year, but they didn't have the stickers yet so it said to print out my receipt and carry it with me.

It printed a piece of paper that said "Receipt", and the amount. Absolutely nothing stating what it was for or a website addy or anything. Just the word Receipt.

I don't know why I find stupid stuff like that funny. It did make me think they cared more about the money part of the transaction.

I better start paying attention. Glad I didn't run into a warden on my hunt. I assume this is for side x sides as well?

So... I don't hunt on an atv, never have, but will likely have one when we come down for my sons unit 1 elk tag. I thought I read somewhere that AZ allowed game retrieval/off road, at least in some places. Is that true? We always pack out our elk on on our backs so it's not really an issue, but would like to know what is allowed down there.

Specific to the individual travel plan of the National Forest you will be in. It’s listed in the Reg’s as far as what animal and forest.

Last year was not the first year for the OHV in Arizona. It started in 2009. It is actually benefits Arizona residents. When a resident buys the OHV tag the registration fees are waived except about $8. Actually saved me a bit of money over the years.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom