Prime rib

It ain't choice but it's a helluva price.
1640205450057.png

I checked with the butcher at Albertsons today for prime beef, and if they ever put it on sale. He said not enough people ask for it to even carry it regularly, and it NEVER goes on sale. That's another reason I stick with my PRIME sirloins from Sam's Club!!

26A5407C-1896-48E2-9ECF-724284B14ED8.jpeg

So I just sent my bride off to Safeway to buy one of the Select rib roasts at $3.97. I figure at that price the select will be good enough as a back-up. I also have her buying two of the other Choice roasts & 5 lbs. of the ground beef in the ad below. I'l be using the latter for another meatball run. And of course, while she's there, she'll get me my usual order of raw clams.

1640213931462.png

Haha! My butcher said when people quit buying the roasts, or they go out of date, they will grind it up as 93% ground beef at $5.99/lb.

Didn’t take a pic, but Prime tenderloin was $39.99/lb at HEB earlier here in Fredericksburg. Had a couple sent from Perini’s this week so I am stocked up anyways.

**** all y’all and your store bought meat. We are having moose, halibut and Alaska spot shrimp for Christmas dinner. Smoked salmon w/ smoked Gouda for apps.

#fockbeef

**** all y’all and your store bought meat. We are having moose, halibut and Alaska spot shrimp for Christmas dinner. Smoked salmon w/ smoked Gouda for apps.

#fockbeef
We have a partner in one of our companies that owns a seafood processor up there somewhere. He sends us something every Christmas. This year was halibut and salmon. Will post a pic of the label tomorrow when I go back out to the garage freezer.

#fockbeef
If Alaska had mule deer I would be there. The meal you are speaking of is fit for my last!
Mule deer are moving into southern Alaska tho.. haha

Haha! My butcher said when people quit buying the roasts, or they go out of date, they will grind it up as 93% ground beef at $5.99/lb.
Ellen had to stand in the checkout line at Safeway for 20 mins. She said nearly everyone else in line was buying one of the roasts.

And...she wound up paying $4.97 lb. instead of $3.97. All of the latter were full rib roasts at more than $100 ea. We didn't need that much more, so she grabbed a 10 lber. I was surprised at the nice marbling since it was a select rather than choice.

Last edited:
The lines have been nuts in all the stores this week. Even the self-check has 8 or 10 people waiting for an open machine!!

Ellen had to stand in the checkout line at Safeway for 20 mins. She said nearly everyone else in line was buying one of the roasts.

And...she wound up paying $4.97 lb. instead of $3.97. All of the latter were full rib roast at more than $100 ea. We didn't need that much more, so she grabbed a 10 lber. I was surprised at the nice marbling since it was a select rather than choice.
I’m actual quite surprised you or Blank haven’t developed a chef’s tool to insert a comprehensive distribution of beef fat into select prime rib roasts.

Necessity is the mother of invention......... where there’s a will, there’s a way......... never waste a crisis......... there’s a culinary epiphany looking for a kitchen...........

I’m actual quite surprised you or Blank haven’t developed a chef’s tool to insert a comprehensive distribution of beef fat into select prime rib roasts.

Necessity is the mother of invention......... where there’s a will, there’s a way......... never waste a crisis......... there’s an culinary epiphany looking for a kitchen...........
I haven't tried it yet, but I often inject pork with something, especially when I put it in the smoker. Most often, it's a base of apple cider with spices added. Unfortunately, fat is too bulky for my syringe, ;)

Last edited:
Free market, ain’t it great. If it don’t sell, it will be $5.95 a pound as 93% fat hamburger. Can’t blame the ventor for trying. I’m saving up for some $69.00 crab legs.

I was wondering, just in case this inflationary “trend” keeps up, after the BBB deal get passed, has anybody check to see what the price of oatmeal is up to?

I just hate surprises.

Speaking of King Crab. I almost sprung for the killer deal Tony linked to the other day. I did a search for 'snorkeling for King crab' and found this. Now I'm really confused...lol

Speaking of King Crab. I almost sprung for the killer deal Tony linked to the other day. I did a search for 'snorkeling for King crab' and found this. Now I'm really confused...lol

I'd definitely snorkle with the dark-haired chic. She'd wind up like the boat's name -- with a Red Snapper. :cool:

I did send them an email asking how they could ship fresh crab for only $5.99? I haven't heard back.
I doubt you will. The same ad format for different sites has hit the FB feed several times over the past week or so. All have the same price & shipping cost. Every time one crops up I comment with "a bunch of scammers."

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom