Remington Ultimate Muzzeloader

go on " Dougs message board" some good info there..lots of threads so don,t stop at the first one..coues52

I bought one and it seems to be a fine rifle.
The average groups are about 1.5" at 100 yards. Obviously some are a bit larger and some are smaller.
With the load I'm using right now I wouldn't call it a MOA rifle, yet, but it's still pretty acceptable for the distances I'll feel comfortable shooting a muzzleloader.

When the weather improves I'll be out shooting it more.
What am I saying? I was out shooting it last Saturday and got my car stuck twice! It was awesome!

BTW: I'm using BH209 loose powder and the factory AccuTip Barnes/Remington bullets and sabots right now. I've used a WEIGHED charge of 95 and 100 grains in it so far and both work well. The 95 chrono's at about 2150 and 100 grs at about 2350.
I'm still trying to find the sweet spot.... if there is one.

Zeke

2 Family Members Bought them Earlier this Year & Put 2 Animals on the Ground!

I Bought 800.00+ worth of Misc Ammo,Powder & Etc!

We Played with them alot!

PISS On REMINGTON'S 200 Grains of Triple7!

You're gonna Pay to Play!

Solid Guns!

And Silver!:D

Now We've got a Pile of 1X Scopes for sale!

"I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've made!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=N8i5NLyXZdc

Hey judkins?

Not trying to talk myself out of a sale!

But you know Utah just made it legal to put whatever Scope you want to use,Right?

I've got a NIB Vortex I'd like to sell!

I've made!"

v=N8i5NLyXZdc

Bessy,

Where did you purchase the guns from? Seems like they are hard to track down.

Hey BIG!

You are Right

We never Seen/found/bought one Damn Gun out of a Sports Store!

GUNBROKER.COM

We really wanted too Look at one (In Hand!) before buying one but that didn't happen!

They're Solid Guns!

Gonna Pay some extra $$$ to Own one I Guess!

They are 200 Grain Powder Safe,I'm Living Proof,but 200 is too much!

If You end up Buying one send me a PM & I'll clue you in on a Load that both These Guns Like,I spent over 800.00 toying around with different Loads in these Guns!

And if you're in TARDville.Remember Scope Rules just changed & you'll be able to have a Decent Scope!

I've made!"

v=N8i5NLyXZdc

elkassassin: I live in Idaho so some of us get to use 1x without any electronics of any kind. That vortex is lighted I think.

Bet that baby kicks with 200 grains of powder. What size bullet you using. I shoot 95 grains BH-209 pushing a 460 gr No-Excuse bullet in my .45 and it is very comfortable. Tried it up to 120 grains and it kicks like a mule.

Bill

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-16 AT 08:48AM (MST)[p]I bought mine after going whitetail hunting in Kansas with a borrowed muzzle loader, no shot. Knew I was going back in December during rifle season so I went to Cabelas and picked one up. I mounted a Leupold Ultimate Slam 3 x 9 scope on it and practiced at the range for a day before hunting. I used the recommended Triple 7 50gr pellets and the provided 250 gr Remington Barnes sabots. After three days of hunting I was able to connect on a big beautiful Kansas 8 at 135 yards. I used a 3/4 charge(3 - 50 gr pellets. The rifle preformed flawless, cleaned up nicely, was the primer casings (cut down 308 primer casing) is a lot easier to deal with than the T209 primers. I have large fingers which make handling T209 impossible. Its not a MOA shooter but good at 100 yards with 1" to 2" pattern. I really like mine.....

9238remingtonuml.jpg

I thought one of the main reasons for buying the Remington was the fact that you can shoot 200 grns of powder. I almost bought one but after reading almost everyone who has one seems to shoot 150 grns or less of powder in it. if you shoot that much powder is seems like any other muzzle loader. accept the almost nine pounds of rifle weight.

>I thought one of the main
>reasons for buying the Remington
>was the fact that you
>can shoot 200 grns of
>powder. I almost bought one
>but after reading almost everyone
>who has one seems to
> shoot 150 grns or
>less of powder in it.
>if you shoot that much
>powder is seems like any
>other muzzle loader. accept the
>almost nine pounds of rifle
>weight.

For me all I needed was 3/4 charge because the longest shot I knew I would be making was 150 yards, a full load was not necessary. But its nice to have that option if needed. that's my personal experience.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-16 AT 00:04AM (MST)[p] As a dealer I can get a few of these with the laminate wood stock at $775 plus tax for Utah buyers. Message me if interested.

>
> As a dealer I can
>get a few of these
>with the laminate wood stock
>at $775 plus tax for
>Utah buyers. Message me
>if interested.

That's a great price on a rifle which has been hard to get!
I already have one or I'd be contacting you.
thanks,
Zeke

>I thought one of the main
>reasons for buying the Remington
>was the fact that you
>can shoot 200 grns of
>powder. I almost bought one
>but after reading almost everyone
>who has one seems to
> shoot 150 grns or
>less of powder in it.
>if you shoot that much
>powder is seems like any
>other muzzle loader. accept the
>almost nine pounds of rifle
>weight.

NO! You cannot shoot 110 grains ****BY WEIGHT**** of BH209 in almost ant other muzzleloader or it'll become part of your face.
It's all about velocity and nothing else comes close.
Zeke

Checked with my supplier and can offer the black bell and Carlson stock model at $800 plus tax. Not something I normally stock, so when my supplier runs out who knows when they will be available again.

> Checked with my supplier and
>can offer the black bell
>and Carlson stock model at
>$800 plus tax. Not
>something I normally stock, so
>when my supplier runs out
>who knows when they will
>be available again.

Heck of a price, I gave a little over $1000 at Cabelas for mine last November, and it comes with 24 Remington Sabots, and 24 primers already provided, heck of a deal!

Ordered mine a week ago and picked it up this morning. Now to get the scope on and shoot it in. I'll be spending 10 days a piece on both the Utah muzzy deer and the Utah muzzy elk with it this fall.

pm sent!!

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-16
>AT 00:04?AM (MST)

>
> As a dealer I can
>get a few of these
>with the laminate wood stock
>at $775 plus tax for
>Utah buyers. Message me
>if int

If you plan on shooting out over 200 yards, I would say an 8X, 9x, or 10X scope to realize the full potential. My 50 cal. Whites with straight 6X or the Redfield 2-7X are deadly at 200 yards.

PM SENT!

> Checked with my supplier and
>can offer the black bell
>and Carlson stock model at
>$800 plus tax. Not
>something I normally stock, so
>when my supplier runs out
>who knows when they will
>be available again.

Sorry guys. The real job is way overworked police man, and just do the FFL/ gun business on the side. I ordered in four of them, and they will be here this week. Sounds like two of them will be spoken for, and two are up available to monster muley folks before I list them on Utah Gun Exchange.

>Sorry guys. The real job
>is way overworked police man,
>and just do the FFL/
>gun business on the side.
> I ordered in four
>of them, and they will
>be here this week.
>Sounds like two of them
>will be spoken for, and
>two are up available to
>monster muley folks before I
>list them on Utah Gun
>Exchange.

mark me down for one!!

>Hey BIG!
>
>You are Right
>
>We never Seen/found/bought one Damn Gun
>out of a Sports Store!
>
>
>GUNBROKER.COM
>
>We really wanted too Look at
>one (In Hand!) before buying
>one but that didn't happen!
>
>
>They're Solid Guns!
>
>Gonna Pay some extra $$$ to
>Own one I Guess!
>
>They are 200 Grain Powder Safe,I'm
>Living Proof,but 200 is too
>much!
>
>If You end up Buying one
>send me a PM &
>I'll clue you in on
>a Load that both These
>Guns Like,I spent over 800.00
>toying around with different Loads
>in these Guns!
>
>And if you're in TARDville.Remember Scope
>Rules just changed & you'll
>be able to have a
>Decent Scope!
>
>
>
>
>"I'm Living & Dieing with the
>Choices
>I've made!"
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?
>v=N8i5NLyXZdc
>
>

PM sent

Ordered one about 2 months ago expecting a long backorder wait. I was surprised it only took 6 days.

If your interested in getting one i could give you the info of the ffl i used to order mine in.
Paid $851 for the synthetic one

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom