Short Ribz n Rissotto

Swivelneck

While diggin around the chest freezer last week I came across a couple packages of beef short ribs. So, Saturday morning they took a nap on the smoker for a few hours while my oldest was playing hardball. When we got back from the ballgame it was time to put em into covered aluminum pan to braise in a mixture of GOYA brand Sofrito sauce, red table wine, carrots, parsley and onions.
While the ribs were approaching the finish line, my youngest lad and I got serious about making a pot of Rissotto.
Rissotto is a staple in every reputable deer camp in my homeland of Northern California, and I was shown how to make it years ago by an old Italian running partner of my Pop's, Mr. Eddie Cardoza. His go to was a simple Saffron Rissotto, which is still my absolute favorite to this day. But since I didn't have any Saffron handy and by this point in the day my BAC was over the legal limit I decided to forego the Saffron and go with a simple Asparagus/Shrimp combo.
Gotta say, once I finished it all off with a little bit of the strained pan juice over the top, a Modelo or two, and the rest of the table wine it came together pretty darn well. I think that even ol' Eddy up in heaven, would have given it the seal of approval. Remember fellas, just like Ed told me all those years ago, stir the pot like you touch a beautiful women, don't rush it....!

IMG_3648.JPG

IMG_3649.JPG

IMG_3651.JPG

Love the ribs, I’m going to have to try that Rissotto, especially after just finishing the entire series of the Sopranos the night before last.

Saffron risotto is a staple in our household. Fell in love with the dish during culinary school, and it is just a fantastic pairing with so many different cuts of game.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom