Snack sticks

HUNTFISH

Looking for a butcher that processes wild game into snack sticks in salt lake or utah county. Anyone know of one that is good?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-19 AT 04:13PM (MST)[p]I have read and heard bad things about their wild game processing. A friend of mine did a deer there and he was told they do the jeky in big batches and couldn't guarantee it was even his deer that he got back. They didnt get him all the flavors he ordered and they told him they would give him some from the next batch, again not his deer meat.

Meiers in draper does good sticks, I'll be taking some elk meat to spring ville meats to get some brats made if I get lucky. A friend had some brats at camp and they were excellent! Haven't tried sticks or other from their store.

>Thompson beat in Erda/Tooele makes awesome
>pepper sticks and salami. Worth
>the ride.

I had an elk and a deer done at Thompson's. They called me to pick up my elk and when I got there they brought out a small box. You can't be serious i said, i had an elk done a few years before and had 3 times as much. Then I look in the box and it was deer. They had no idea what was mine.

I use Gun sales in Tooele now. Great place.

I hear you on not your own meat back. I know most ground meat (jerky, stick and salami) will be ground in batches most places and given out by weight brought in. Whole meat Jerky not sure, but would hope to get your own back.

Thompson has been awesome for me. Recieved weight appropriate back. Not so worried on ground processing with all the seasoning. Hopefully checked for cleanliness.

I once took my best cuts all cleaned up to processor in Orem/Provo and never again. He went straight to his drawers and pull out several packages if jerky and handed it to me in exchange.

Just my experience on processed jerky, salami and pepper sticks.

I have cut all my own wild game for 40 plus years, so I know what I put in my freezer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom