Someone elses tag...

I found a video of OutdoorWriter on the golf course.

That is EXACTLY how it was with the goose I killed. Only diff was the goose was about 150-175 yards out, right about where my drives come down. When the ball hit, it was like someone loped off its head. Same for the dove in midair.

No one has a right to damage my property and not compensate me for it. The door cost $1,400 and my deductible is $2,000. So it came out of my pocket. That golfer owes me $1,400 and if I had caught up with him I would have got my $1,400 one way or another.

Anyone that would damages someone's property and not pay for it would poach a deer in a minute.

Not any different than damaging someone's car in a parking lot and not being responsible for it.

Knocking a window out of someone's house, damaging their car or poaching a deer. All the same thing. Stealing something from someone else and not feeling responsible and hoping you don't get caught.
You built your house on a golf course.

What did you expect?

All we ever got at Villa De Paz were geese. I killed one with a ball to the head & broke the leg of another one. They were both on the ground feeding on the fairway.

At another course during a men's club tourney I did my best Randy Johnson imitation. I was driving off the tee when a dove crossed out front, It was about 15 feet up and 30 yds. out. The ball nailed it square in the head, killing it instantly.
Was it during dove season...AND hunting w/ an illegal "weapon"? :unsure:

How many of you know people who fill their wives, daughters, sons, Dads or Moms tag? I know there are those that do it. I just wonder how prevalent it is. Answer truthfully if you know people that do it. I don't know anyone who does that and if they did, I don't think I'd hunt with them.

1st rule of fight club....

......YOU DONT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB!

Last edited:
I doubt it was a Titleist golf ball. I never could hit anything with a Titleist. :mad:
Your game sounds like mine. I'm gonna conatct NASA. They're always looking for water on the moon. Hell, all they need to do is beam me up with my golf clubs. I never have a problem finding water. That's why I carry a snorkle as one of my allotted clubs.

golfer.gif

Your game sounds like mine. I'm gonna conatct NASA. They're always looking for water on the moon. Hell, all they need to do is beam me up with my golf clubs. I never have a problem finding water. That's why I carry a snorkle as one of my allotted clubs.

View attachment 63378
This device paid for itself after just 36 holes.

My dad spent more time hunting for other people's golf balls than he did golfing. He was a good golfer and seldom lost a ball. He would always end a round with at least a dozen extra balls. He was funny.
Let me back up and try that one again.....

Water wedges treat me like varmint rifles.....

When you’re only driving 120 yards and your fairway shots are only going 70, the hazards are scenic attractions.

Last edited:
When you’re only driving 120 yards and your fairway shots are only going 70, the hazards are scenic attractions.
I hear you.....when a 184 yard Par3 is driver, plus 9 iron, you know you're in trouble right off the tee.

We have a lot of blacktail deer on our course. The marshal informed me that a compound bow is NOT a legal club, at any time. Period.

I hear you.....when a 184 yard Par3 is driver, plus 9 iron, you know you're in trouble right off the tee.
That's how I played most par 3s in my waning years. After my colon cancer op, I lost a lot of muscle tone, i.e. power. So my drive distances fell a bunch.

Could ya demonstarate that for us old school golfers ODW.
Not visually, but it's the simpliest of all to use. Just drag the cage over the ball & it's caught up between the bars. And because it's so wide, one drag covers a broad area.

It's common practice, or at least it was. I've never had the occasion to participate in it, as I've been mostly a lone wolf. Boat limits is quite another thing. We all fish until we limit out. I have been known to use the foot wedge when golfing, as long as no one sees me. My dad taught me that. If it's for money then no.
If playing for money or tournament golf, no way. If out practicing or playing fun golf with friends, ok. Just make it know what you’re doing. No one likes a cheater. When I was a kid, I punched another kid in the nose for cheating. No money involved, just pissed me off.

Lots of turkeys in Monticello, but even more deer. You’re likely to hit one if you peel one off in the trees.

Oh, and its an outstanding course.:)
7F7D1EBE-2AF1-4ED3-AE5D-2191E72D6FC6.jpeg

How Many Loper Tags You Filled Blue on the Fairway?
Those guys are down in NM. When the rut is full on they will scare the heck out of you busting out of the brush and across the fairways at 50 mph.:oops: They tear heck out of the greens sometimes.
B9B91A2E-15DD-41BA-8582-794F89831B4B.jpeg

Last edited:
If playing for money or tournament golf, no way. If out practicing or playing fun golf with friends, ok. Just make it know what you’re doing. No one likes a cheater. When I was a kid, I punched another kid in the nose for cheating. No money involved, just pissed me off.
Wow, we go through life thinking we’re pretty much the same as everyone else........

Not!

Why cheat when your not playing for money?

When your not playing for cash, it’s practice. What good, fun, satisfaction, benefit comes from using a foot wedge for practice? What possible reason is there to cheat when your practicing or playing with friends.......... cheating to beat your buddy, and having to look yourself in eye knowing he’s still better than you and can wipe your butt cuz you’re a not good, filthy rotten friend and lousy golfer to boot

See, here’s the deal. I only cheat playing cards, golf, betting on a horse ( but only in Utah), or any other game of skill or chance. Never with friends or family. They already know I’m a filthy rotten no good cheat so I have nothing to gain by cheating them, but........... if there’s cash or goods on the table......... now cheating has value. I’ll cheat for dang near anything of value, but never for fun, cuz it ain’t fun to cheat.......... for no good reason.

Where’s your integrity for hell sake......

Last edited:
Wow, we go through life thinking we’re pretty much the same as everyone else........

Not!

When your not playing for cash, it’s practice. What good, fun, satisfaction, benefit comes from using a foot wedge for practice? What possible reason is there to cheat when your practicing or playing with friends.......... cheating to beat your buddy, and having to look yourself in eye knowing he’s still better than you and can wipe your butt cuz you’re a not good, filthy rotten friend and lousy golfer to boot

See, here’s the deal. I only cheat playing cards, golf, betting on a horse ( but only in Utah), or any other game of skill or chance. Never with friends or family. They already know I’m a filthy rotten no good cheat so I have nothing to gain by cheating them, but........... if there’s cash or goods on the table......... now cheating has value. I’ll cheat for dang near anything of value, but never for fun, cuz it ain’t fun to cheat.......... for no good reason.

I don't know quite what to think of that. I know one thing; I'd never play golf with 2Lumpy for money. Not because he cheats, he already told us he cheats for money. No, he's way more dangerous than that.

I wouldn't play 2Lumpy for money because he is a master at getting into your head. Nothing wrecks my golf game more than somebody who messes with my mind. He wouldn't have to cheat to beat me because he knows I would be thinking about him cheating and I would lose all concentration. I'd be defeated before we even started, and he knows that.

2Lumpy is sly like a fox. Count me out.

Hey Eel?

I Heard You Never Want To Stand in Front Of Lumpy at The Golf Course!:D

I don't know quite what to think of that. I know one thing; I'd never play golf with 2Lumpy for money. Not because he cheats, he already told us he cheats for money. No, he's way more dangerous than that.

I wouldn't play 2Lumpy for money because he is a master at getting into your head. Nothing wrecks my golf game more than somebody who messes with my mind. He wouldn't have to cheat to beat me because he knows I would be thinking about him cheating and I would lose all concentration. I'd be defeated before we even started, and he knows that.

Damn it...........

Not!

You and I would not get along.

You and I would not get along.
See? 2Lumpy is already in your head and you've lost before you got to hole #1. It's like trash talking in basketball or football. Tiger Woods is the best example. In his prime, golfers came to a tournament knowing they were all playing for 2nd place. Tiger ruled their minds. Jack Nicholas did the same thing.

See? 2Lumpy is already in your head and you've lost before you got to hole #1. It's like trash talking in basketball or football. Tiger Woods is the best example. In his prime, golfers came to a tournament knowing they were all playing for 2nd place. Tiger ruled their minds. Jack Nicholas did the same thing.
Gunni, we both know who’s the head head dweller in these parts.

eel’s working his magic, again. He’s gonna get you and I in a grudge match, cuz he’s figured out we live close enough to pull it off. When it comes to golf, I could use a foot wedge on ever hole and you could whip me, one handed. Of course he’ll be on here around 8:30
this morning telling you that’s a philological challenge. Don’t let him manipulate us.

I’ll cheat if there’s money in the game....... let’s just leave it at that and leave ole eel and his head games, for his prison Doctors.

Gunni, we both know who’s the head head dweller in these parts.

eel’s working his magic, again. He’s gonna get you and I in a grudge match, cuz he’s figured out we live close enough to pull it off. When it comes to golf, I could use a foot wedge on ever hole and you could whip me, one handed. Of course he’ll be on here around 8:30
this morning telling you that’s a philological challenge. Don’t let him manipulate us.

I’ll cheat if there’s money in the game....... let’s just leave it at that and leave ole eel and his head games, for his prison Doctors.
2Lumpy even knows what time I'm going to give him a thumbs up! Scary.

Gunni, our best course of action would be to write a letter to the PGA. Get them to change the definition of cheating to include psyching out your opponent.

No one has a right to damage my property and not compensate me for it. The door cost $1,400 and my deductible is $2,000. So it came out of my pocket. That golfer owes me $1,400 and if I had caught up with him I would have got my $1,400 one way or another.

Anyone that would damages someone's property and not pay for it would poach a deer in a minute.

Not any different than damaging someone's car in a parking lot and not being responsible for it.

Knocking a window out of someone's house, damaging their car or poaching a deer. All the same thing. Stealing something from someone else and not feeling responsible and hoping you don't get caught.
Cost me $1500 one time and since then I pick my ball up on that hole and call it good. You know how it is if you are trying to miss something with a golf ball you WILL hit it sure a shi-.
I knocked and got the verbal abuse anyway from the guy. Gave him my info sent the check the next week.
Not all golfers are butt heads

If every tag printed was considered a dead deer by the state then party hunting would have never become an ethical or legal dilemma.

But since the states decided they wanted to "manage" for opportunity instead of the wildlife, they became gamblers of hunt failure. Just like gambling in a cassino they have to make more and more rules to control success.

So the reality is when states decided to deviate from the ethical and effective practices of wildlife management THEY HAD TO RESHAPE HUNTING ETHICS.

No moral compass here as morality is eternal and based upon higher understanding than any single generation can define. Hunting rules and regulations change figuratively times in the blink of an eye or stroke of a pen. Thusly a hunters ethics may differ from the first hunt until his last.
This is a nonsensical dig at the idea of considering opportunity in management. Party hunting was an ethical dilemma when opportunity abounded because party hunting was illegal at that time. It's hardly an issue now when opportunity is suppressed and every tag holder has a team of supporters.

Back to your point. In my opinion, there hasn't been a time when opportunity has been given so much lip service, yet a tags are issued at an all time low. Almost every tag is issued through a draw now. Is it getting better? When will you be happy? You claim the states have started managing for opportunity. Really? In Utah they have gone from state-wide unlimited over-the-counter tags (unlimited opportunity, tons of party hunting, and virtually no management including no cougar regulations) to 5 units in 1994 that were undersubscribed, to 29 units in 2011 most of which take 2 to 3 years to draw now. We've gone from 240,000 general deer tags to 80,000 in 40 years. So when exactly did the state make a massive transition from pure wildlife management to herd killing opportunities? I'm trying to pin down a year when opportunity blossomed.

Maybe we were wrong WVHunter……. Wouldn’t be my first time….?

Lunacy. They still live in the house. I feel like driving over to that liberal cesspool just to put on thru the kitchen window, but I don’t have a slice.

I’m off to chase whitey myself here in a bit. I hit em solid in the early season because my head isn’t filled with stupid swing thoughts yet. Just fun ….and no houses will die ;)

I have a 2pm tee time, now I’ll be sure to check out the newest home along the 14th fairway. Last I checked only 3 broken solar panels and 1 cracked window.

The 6th hole at our local Muni course is a par 4 dog leg to the left. If you hit a good drive past the trees up the left side, it's just an 8 iron to the green. Beyond the green is the club house. My buddy that day hit his second shot and it bounded off the roof of the club house and landed behind the club house. He had to take an unplayable lie. Or out of bounds, we weren't sure of the call.

I have a 2pm tee time, now I’ll be sure to check out the newest home along the 14th fairway. Last I checked only 3 broken solar panels and 1 cracked window.
I hope WV knows I’m just teasing him. I would never hit a house on purpose (well, maybe one) and haven’t hit one in years. Unfortunately I did hit our course super in the thumb a couple of weeks ago. On the fly with a driver :oops:. I didn’t see him over the hill in the fairway. But that thing in MA is just wrong.

Hit em straight. They started putting water on ours last week so my distance will start dropping. I love the roll on cold hard fairways. Plus we have 30 mph winds forecast today. I feel like Bubba on days like today :)

Last edited:
The 6th hole at our local Muni course is a par 4 dog leg to the left. If you hit a good drive past the trees up the left side, it's just an 8 iron to the green. Beyond the green is the club house. My buddy that day hit his second shot and it bounded off the roof of the club house and landed behind the club house. He had to take an unplayable lie. Or out of bounds, we weren't sure of the call.
The Pointe at South Mountain (phx) used to finish on an island green that was surrounded by the bar and restaurant. Cool azz steep downhill hole.

Somebody put one into the patio and hurt someone so now the 18th green is a teebox.:(

Lunacy. They still live in the house. I feel like driving over to that liberal cesspool just to put on thru the kitchen window, but I don’t have a slice.
I think I've told the story here a couple times where I did just that (2nd floor room window, however) many, many years ago at Villa De Paz on 17 hole.

The Pointe at South Mountain (phx) used to finish on an island green that was surrounded by the bar and restaurant. Cool azz steep downhill hole.

Somebody put one into the patio and hurt someone so now the 18th green is a teebox.:(
Played there often when my son worked for the Pointe. He also had spent a couple years at Tapatio Cliffs on 7th St. I believe they call that course Lookout Mountain.

The site where the Pointe was built on 7th St. was originally a stone quarry owned by Frank Melluzzo. When he sold it to Gosnell, he became a millionaire. Frank died in 2016 at 92 years old.

He was a good friend of Mickey Delre. In about 1974, we all hunted together just north of Pagosa Springs. That was the hunt where I almost got crossways with a mama bear & her two cubs.

Sometimes (rarely) the golf gods take care of me. Years ago when I hit the ball a long way (not straight) I was playing the Park City municipal course and hit a power fade that bounced off the 6” brick pillar between two 6’ X 8’ plate glass windows. The guys with me almost fainted.

Sometimes (rarely) the golf gods take care of me. Years ago when I hit the ball a long way (not straight) I was playing the Park City municipal course and hit a power fade that bounced off the 6” brick pillar between two 6’ X 8’ plate glass windows. The guys with me almost fainted.
That was no doubt a...

jesusthankyou.gif

moment. :cool:

I’m late to the party here but this is an easy one. If it’s against the law than it’s just that, illegal. Don’t like the law, lobby to get it changed. You can justify it all you want in your head but it still doesn’t make you not a criminal.

I’m late to the party here but this is an easy one. If it’s against the law than it’s just that, illegal. Don’t like the law, lobby to get it changed. You can justify it all you want in your head but it still doesn’t make you not a criminal.
Indeed. We're already teeing off on 18! ;)

teeingoff.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom