Suffered with the...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
....trimmin's from the beef tenderloins last night. Not quite as pretty as a nicely cut filet mignon, but just as tasty, especially with a nice glass of vino.

filetdregs.JPG

filetdregs2.JPG

Huh........ I always figured you was supposed’ta eat the trimmings while the rest was cooking.......
With all the trimmings, I wouldn't had room for any more. ;)

All the good hunks went into the freezer to wait their turn. Just wanted to take advantage of the sale. I still have filets from earlier butchered loins.

Lately I've been buying whole tenderloins for about $6/pound. There really is no waste and it's all really good tender meat. A little labor involved but it's fun, I think.

Lately I've been buying whole tenderloins for about $6/pound. There really is no waste and it's all really good tender meat. A little labor involved but it's fun, I think.
Exactly. I had maybe 1/2 lb. of garbage from the two I cut up. If you saw the other thread, I got a bunch of good steaks in addition to the 'culls' in this one.

That $6 lb. is even better than my deal here, especially when you compare it to the price of a single filet, which is usually $12 .lb or more.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom