Tags drawn and fall schedule

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
Well, how's everyone fall schedule shaping up? I like to hear everyone's calendar.

I drew a Wyoming deer tag and will be there at the end of September.

Also drew a 2nd choice Colorado deer tag for the 3rd rifle season.

Hope everyone got the tags they wanted!

I had a rough year in the draw, before this week I had drawn 1 tag (mediocre NM elk unit, Oct. muzzy hunt) in about 25 applications. With that hunt, and a likely CO OTC elk archery hunt it was the most sparse Fall hunting schedule I've had in a long time. I took early retirement a few years ago to hunt, not sit at home. So I decided to cash in my WY deer point for a unit I would probably draw, and found out today I did. OK, that helps. But earlier this week I also found out I drew a MT moose tag, so my calendar just filled up!

I didn't draw NR UT and just put in for NR points for CO and WY so I bought a left over MT deer combo tag. I've never hunted MT before so I'm looking forward to it. I'm also going to buy a MT turkey tag since I've never hunted for Merriams turkeys. We have Easterns in Missouri. I'll be somewhere in eastern MT Nov 3-9.

NRA Life Member

www.swanspointoutfitters.com

The critters have to win every time. I only have to win once.

>Well, how's everyone fall schedule shaping
>up? I like to
>hear everyone's calendar.

Some snotty nosed 18 year old kid outfitter will likely be hunting with the 3 tags in 3 states I paid for and waited 20 years for, thanks to corrupt politicians and their outfitter welfare. Nice when the reality is that guy's momma was changing his diapers when I started applying. Or even worst he wasn't even a twinkle in her eye. Just a fact not an opinion.

O-fer~30 outside of those few 50/50 shots. Same last year. Thinking of buying a leftover Montana tag and trying a general archery elk hunt.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

I'm surprised a certain member hasn't drowned in his own tears by now the way every post is always crying about how unfair life is to him and the tags he can't draw. Get over it man, as you're not alone in not getting what you want every year!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-15 AT 09:37AM (MST)[p]1. I was simply responding to Muleymadness's inquiry with honesty and the truth. Deal with it.
2. Everything in my post is the truth, not an opinion.
3. I don't believe in pandering to politicians, lining their pockets for free money entitlements.
4. My comments were for all ethical hunters, not simply my own.
5. Turning the other way, burying your head in the sand will not correct this inequity.
6. I had a guy on another post comment that entitlements have been around for year thus outfitter entitlements are "OK" and justified. Ya no. Unsustainable Johnson administration welfare don't work, and broke our country. We don't need them in the hunting world. Please tell me what these benefactors did to earn these tags. Absolutely NOTHING.
7. I don't believe in complacency. Bringing this topic to other's attention raises awareness to repeal such theft, or at minimum prevent expansion. There is no shortage of guys that agree with me. Those that believe in outfitter welfare are in the vast minority, primarily.........outfitters.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but Zim is right. Almost anything that sucks about Wyoming when it comes to license allocation or hunting, is because of outfitter welfare.

>Don't want to hijack this thread,
>but Zim is right. Almost
>anything that sucks about Wyoming
>when it comes to license
>allocation or hunting, is because
>of outfitter welfare.

Jeff, we're not talking about Wyoming here on this General Forum! He goes on every hunting website there is and cries every year about his not getting any tags like he's the only one who's getting screwed because of this, that, and the other thing! If it isn't that, it's about his fat ex wife screwing him out of everything he had and is now laying on the couch eating chicken fried steaks all day while watching Jerry Springer! IMHO most everyone on this site knows what is going on in the various states as far as landowner and outfitter welfare and I believe the OP asked what people were hunting this year, not what they didn't draw to start what Zim did again! Congrats to ZIM for doing his thing to keep SFW out of the AZ tag auction business that they tried to slip in, as it was a great defeat and good work done by him and others, but his constant crying is getting a little old---just sayin and I don't think I'm alone in that respect!

AZ unit 1 archery elk Sept 11th. 14 day season and will hunt it all if needed.
NV unit 231 mule deer Oct 5th
KS deer Dec 1st ish.
Tree here in WI and get he dog on birds hopefully more then be in the tree for the dogs sake
CAN"T WAIT

My fall will be busy.

I drew the following:

Bull moose, great antelope tag, type-6 cow permit, general elk and general deer in Wyoming. I will pick up a 3rd elk tag, probably second buck antelope and deer tags as well.

Montana general deer and elk (last year of $80 NR elk and $60 NR deer for me)...applied for an elk b-tag.

Arizona, should draw late coues deer.

My wife has WY general deer, LQ bull elk, and buck antelope.

Besides those tags, I have 4 buddies from AZ coming for pronghorn for their 12th straight year, as well as a good friend from AK for NR bull elk in a great unit.

About an average year for me I'd say.

BTW, Zim has it right. The trouble with point systems and give-aways is why many states are a "one and done" deal. It will happen to the rest of us as well. I'm slightly behind the situation that Zim is in right now. I have enough points in enough states that I should be OK for the next 8-10 years...after that, the pickin's are going to get pretty slim.

You can decrease the impact some by applying for less desirable units, but even that ship has largely sailed thanks to better information.

I'm glad and thankful for the great opportunities I've had the last 10-15 years.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-15 AT 09:19AM (MST)[p]Only tag so far is a Colo. muzzy cow tag. Still have some draws for WMA hunts here in my home state coming up. Got a Blue Water fishing trip coming up just before I leave for Colo.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-15 AT 10:38AM (MST)[p]Nothing so far still waiting on Idaho results, so any day now I will be able to put some plans together. Cant wait to find out whether I'm going to have to go OTC or not.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-23-15 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]>BTW, Zim has it right. The
>trouble with point systems and
>give-aways is why many states
>are a "one and done"
>deal. It will happen to
>the rest of us as
>well. I'm slightly behind the
>situation that Zim is in
>right now. I have enough
>points in enough states that
>I should be OK for
>the next 8-10 years...after that,
>the pickin's are going to
>get pretty slim.
>
>You can decrease the impact some
>by applying for less desirable
>units, but even that ship
>has largely sailed thanks to
>better information.
>
>I'm glad and thankful for the
>great opportunities I've had the
>last 10-15 years.

Ya the game is changing for sure. Guys that waited the longest are getting screwed more often and dropping down from chasing the best tags. That trickle down is really messing with app strategies, and the 2nd tier hunts in all states. Unfortunately, anyone buying into point systems today better educate themselves about politics and special interest groups before hunting units and skills. The future lies in mastering low to mid-level hunt units.

Good on the moose tag. What state?

I will start by taking my daughter bear hunting in one of Idaho's controlled units.

Next I will go with my brother on his Wasatch LE early riffle elk hunt.

Then my boy and I will try to get er done on a Idaho controlled muzzleloader bull elk hunt.

Next up: Idaho mule deer

Then I will wrap it up by again helping my daughter on an Idaho late controlled rifle bull elk hunt. Should be a pretty busy fall.

Zim,

I drew Wyoming.

I agree with the future in mastering low to mid level hunting units...and taking advantage of what are now general tags.

I would also suggest not waiting for things to get better and taking full advantage of what opportunities you have now.

It"s going to be busy, only one of those is antlerless.

378108478331109236809090914907065479026022138n.jpg

>>Don't want to hijack this thread,
>>but Zim is right. Almost
>>anything that sucks about Wyoming
>>when it comes to license
>>allocation or hunting, is because
>>of outfitter welfare.
>
>Jeff, we're not talking about Wyoming
>here on this General Forum!
> He goes on every
>hunting website there is and
>cries every year about his
>not getting any tags like
>he's the only one who's
>getting screwed because of this,
>that, and the other thing!
> If it isn't that,
>it's about his fat ex
>wife screwing him out of
>everything he had and is
>now laying on the couch
>eating chicken fried steaks all
>day while watching Jerry Springer!
>IMHO most everyone on this
>site knows what is going
>on in the various states
>as far as landowner and
>outfitter welfare and I believe
>the OP asked what people
>were hunting this year, not
>what they didn't draw to
>start what Zim did again!
> Congrats to ZIM for
>doing his thing to keep
>SFW out of the AZ
>tag auction business that they
>tried to slip in, as
>it was a great defeat
>and good work done by
>him and others, but his
>constant crying is getting a
>little old---just sayin and I
>don't think I'm alone in
>that respect!

Sorry Mike, just made a true statement. But I'd be carful what you say on here, someone in little boy pants will turn you in.

My only hope now is AZ strip.....slim odds...but I put in for archery 13b as a 2nd choice....so there's hope.

After that it's back to the ring of fire....Adak AK for waterfowl....Hawaii for axis deer.....NZ for tahr.

Idaho didn't show me any love so until the 2nd chance draw is over it is looking like it will be OTC for archery deer and elk. The Mrs. didn't draw anything either so she may be picking up an OTC whitetail tag.

Looks like I will be set up for the best year of my hunting career by far:

Utah Muzzy elk Boulder unit
Wyoming Ant 114 no water unit
Arizona muley 12 a or b late

Add whitetails and birds here in SD

Don't know how I could top it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom