Tallbuck1 sheep update!!!

Yakatak

My 2013 Kaiparowits West Ram taken on opening day. We (my hunting staff of 6 including two Uncles, an Aunt and three awesome friends) spotted 2 groups of sheep in 2 separate drainage's. We had plenty of time to evaluate both of the dominant ram's in the group's with this guy looking the best.

Broomed, chipped, scarred, battled and looking to best 160" it took me several hours to make the decision to end my Dream Hunt on the first day. I had 10 day's on the opener scheduled off from work along with the last 3 weeks of the hunt plus every weekend throughout available to hunt, just to end it at noon on the first day!

I was unfortunately talked out of trying this hunt with a muzzleloader as of the possible difficulties in doing so or I could have titled this post as the new state record with a front-loader. He was checked in at the Springville office at 164-2/8".

No regret's here on this ram, especially with the company that assisted me in taking this awesome animal. Thanks to John, Deon, Jim, Melanie, Travis and Jared! You made this hunt a truly experience of a lifetime!!!

4386555590_684578051571442_1233624098_n.jpg

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

Thomas Jefferson

Wow Yak.
If that's the ram you texted me a pic of, I would have told you to hold off on that dink! LOL (I thought he looked 160+)

Nice job my friend. Utah rams don't get much better than that.
I will say you cheated yourself out of some good times in the desert by ending it so soon, but it's tough to beat a ram like that! You can still email me some more pics if you have the time. I'd love to hear the long version of your adventure.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-13 AT 09:22AM (MST)[p]Beautiful ram. I believe those sheep came from Nevada originally didn't they?

Edit: We need more pictures!

Kudos on a very nice ram! Like to see head-on photos too. Got me chomping at the bit for my December hunt ...

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

NV,
Aside from the resident sheep that unit has been supplemented with rams from Arizona and the Lake Mead area (both AZ and NV).
The most recent transplant however, did come from the Fallon area. I imagine you helped with that transplant. I know nvnative79 did as well. (hard to believe that was 7 years ago)
We appreciate our good neighbors to the West! Our dinky sheep need a good shot of big-headed genes!

WELL DONE YAK!
It doesn't have to be a long hunt to be a good hunt. Your trophy sheep hunt is proof of that.
He's a beauty in any unit, any time.
Friends, family and sheep hunting.... nothin' better!
Congratulations on a fine ram.
Zeke

Yakatak, Thank you for the update! Congrats on a wonderful ram. he has everything anyone could wish for!

Would love to see some other pics and see photos of the other ram that you were deciding on!

Tallbuck1

Thanks everyone for your kind comments! This opportunity to harvest such a fine animal is greater than I can find words to describe. Thanks to everyone in the field that serve to maintain and develop the species on their original habitat!

NVBighorn's post from 2006 just goes to prove the dedication of those whom have the best interest for preserve and maintain the Desert Sheep population for All of us to enjoy.

I don't have a lot of pictures presently but I'll share another one I have of this ram.

9012desert_ram.jpg

For a people who are free, and who mean to remain so, a well-organized and armed militia is their best security.

Thomas Jefferson

Awesome,awesome ram!

Travis and Jared are very good friends of mine..
I can vouch for the "good company" ....

I've spent time down there with the both of them, Great adventures always!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Jeez what a beautiful ram! How old was he?

In about 8 weeks I will be going desert sheep hunting with one of my best friends. I hope she has a chance at a ram that nice.

Great job on an incredible ram. When you have the opportunity to have family and friends share in the excitement of a once in a lifetime opportunity it truly is a memory that will last forever. Congrats to all involved on a beautiful desert big horn.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom