Una fiesta de camarones anoche...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...with the little critters served five different ways. It was the first time I made coconut shrimp and the ceviche from scratch. Both turned out good.

shrimpfiesta.JPG

shrimpfiesta2.JPG

Doesn't like the taste, or...???
Married 43 years, still a lot of things I can’t figure out. Years ago I made it with shrimp, scallops and haddock, it was delicious. I’m sure the cooked in lime juice is an obstacle. She loves shrimp ?

Married 43 years, still a lot of things I can’t figure out. Years ago I made it with shrimp, scallops and haddock, it was delicious. I’m sure the cooked in lime juice is an obstacle. She loves shrimp ?
That was the exact hurdle I had with my wife. Although I had never made it myself, I have eaten plenty in Mexico, but she would never even taste it. She simply wouldn't believe the shrimp is no longer raw no matter how many times I told her to look at the pink color, which indicates cooked.

So when I was making it the other day, I had some boiled shrimp that I use in the pickled stuff. I took a small piece of it & stuck it in the ceviche juice. I then put it & a piece from the ceviche on a plate for her & convinced her to try it. She couldn't tell the diff & actually ate some ceviche last night.

In the interest of full disclosure, I left out one ingredient commonly used -- cukes -- because I can't stand the taste of them. Otherwise, it's got shrimp bits, red onion, jalapeno, celery, cilantro, tomato, lime & lemon juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire & spices.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom