Who needs Thanksgiving?

Buckhunter1955

Turkey and all the fixins, then turkey sandwiches, and then turkey soup. That should get us through the week.

Turkey 2021.jpg

I didn’t know anyone willingly ate turkey, I thought it was just something you suffered through on Thanksgiving because of tradition.

I am against having a turkey for the holidays. Call me backwards, but I hate it because it one of those things “well, that’s just what we do” and that’s all you get for an explanation as to why a turkey. I don’t hate turkey, I get it quite a bit at restaurants, I just hate the forced tradition, it makes turkey bland and not something to get excited about. We live in the southwest and I would much rather the tradition be trays of enchiladas, or some other Mexican dish. Turkey, while good, gets boring pretty quick. I’m in no way criticizing you Buckhunter as you seem like the one where you actually like it, tradition or not and enjoy it throughout the year.

With Thanksgiving, Xmas, and New Year's holidays, we normally do a turkey on one of them, a Prime Rib on another, Oyster Stew and Clam Chowder on Xmas Eve, and popular vote by whoever is here, for the last one.

I am against having a turkey for the holidays. Call me backwards, but I hate it because it one of those things “well, that’s just what we do” and that’s all you get for an explanation as to why a turkey. I don’t hate turkey, I get it quite a bit at restaurants, I just hate the forced tradition, it makes turkey bland and not something to get excited about. We live in the southwest and I would much rather the tradition be trays of enchiladas, or some other Mexican dish. Turkey, while good, gets boring pretty quick. I’m in no way criticizing you Buckhunter as you seem like the one where you actually like it, tradition or not and enjoy it throughout the year.
Hmmm. Having turkey 2 or 3 times a year is "boring???" Is it OK if we eat it voluntarily rather than being "forced?"

dogscratchhead.gif

Hmmm. Having turkey 2 or 3 times a year is "boring???" Is it OK if we eat it voluntarily rather than being "forced?"

Ok maybe voluntarily was the wrong word to use. I think it would be more voluntary if the two or three times weren’t on holidays. Kind of like Buckhunter cooking his on the second week of April instead of Thanksgiving or Christmas like the rest of the world that does it voluntarily. I still think it’s boring. Not saying it tastes bad, just a little boring.

I guess I don't get bored quit that easily, especially with food. Otherwise, my French fry or raw clam fetish would make me the most bored person on the planet. ;)

To me, boring is seeing the same movies listed every night on my premium cable channels that I have seen six times already. :ROFLMAO:

I can love traditions. I also love new experiences. I’d never heard of tacos, enchiladas, refried beans, hot peppers, or Tex Mex, bagels, escargot, crawdads, sandhill cranes, calamari, clams, until I was into my twenties, but I ate beef, hogs, mutton, horse, chicken, turkey, pheasant, duck, geese, goose, duck, deer, antelope rabbit, taters, rice, green beans, red beans, peas, carrots, cucumbers, onions etc. I like all of them now. Some of the stuff Chefs Blank and ODW put out look strange to me but it sure looks tasty.

I have some I can’t do……… anything with curry, so Indian is totally out, turnips, parsnips, egg plant, Oysters, brains, traditional Chinese, kidneys, blood products, dogs, cats, rodents (I know better than to bring up the damn builders on here) etc etc.

I can love traditions. I also love new experiences. I’d never heard of tacos, enchiladas, refried beans, hot peppers, or Tex Mex, bagels, escargot, crawdads, sandhill cranes, calamari, clams, until I was into my twenties, but I ate beef, hogs, mutton, horse, chicken, turkey, pheasant, duck, geese, goose, duck, deer, antelope rabbit, taters, rice, green beans, red beans, peas, carrots, cucumbers, onions etc. I like all of them now. Some of the stuff Chefs Blank and ODW put out look strange to me but it sure looks tasty.

I have some I can’t do……… anything with curry, so Indian is totally out, turnips, parsnips, egg plant, Oysters, brains, traditional Chinese, kidneys, blood products, dogs, cats, rodents (I know better than to bring up the damn builders on here) etc etc.
2lumpy
So you don't do South China?
It is one of my wife's favorites

2lumpy
So you don't do South China?
It is one of my wife's favorites
I do, and it’s no the best I’ve eaten but better than a lot have had. I find their chicken meals a little tough.

When I said I didn’t like “original Chinese” I wasn’t referring to American-Chinese.

Like Tex-Mex and authentic Mexican food, the two are hardly recognizable as the same. Authentic Chinese and American-Chinese are about as far from each other as boiled chicken heads are from Sweet and Sour Shrimp, if that makes since.

So I must know you notdon……. that’s dangerous……?

The thousand island at the south China is the best thousand island I have ever had, I always get a dinner salad with thousand island.
We might not know each other directly but we know each other more ways than one.

Love Traditions and Turkey on Thanksgiving/ Christmas/ Easter....our family has added two more , Turkey on Memorial Day and Veterans Day. Just worked for us.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom