Wife made me do it…

elks96

Long Time Member
So long story short my wife told
Me we did not have enough Lope meat in the freezer. She loves lope meat. My son got his earlier and we made some steaks and a bunch of the best damn Italian sausage I have ever made…
Well Wednesday she emptied out and inventoried the freezer and was not happy with the amount of Lope meat available… So she said I had to go get my lope before she would allow me to hunt elk…

Since she is the cook. I must keep her happy…

We left the house at 1:00pm and had the lope by dark…

Then the morning I took a good bull as a bonus.

Talk about an awesome 15 hours…

My son is a bad ass and always fun to have along. The bull was even awesome enough to end up near a road…
IMG_7965.jpeg
IMG_7946.jpeg
IMG_7992.jpeg
IMG_7977.jpeg
IMG_8006.jpeg
IMG_7971.jpeg

IMG_8001.jpeg

IMG_8011.jpeg

IMG_8014.jpeg

Good lope and good bull all in less than 24 hours with your son along, does not get any better! My wife and daughter like lope meat best of all wild game.

Good lope and good bull all in less than 24 hours with your son along, does not get any better! My wife and daughter like lope meat best of all wild game.
The first lope I killed was when my wife was like 6 month pregnant. She did not think she would like. Heard all the horror stories. We are that entire lope in like 5 weeks. She couldn’t get enough. Ever since it is her preferred meat…

Congrats on some fine animals. Glad you had some good help for the pack out. Nothing better than making memories with your family.

Sounds like you had a great adventure with your wife and son! Keeping the cook happy is key, especially when it comes to favorite meats. And getting that bonus bull the next morning?

Awesome congrats, My wife's favorite is also Antelope, we are on number 12 and no bad ones yet, haven't tried this year's just yet but hopefully, it is as good as the rest! Great to see your son out there making memories with you.

Great job! You're living the life enjoy. I prefer antelope meat to deer or elk or anything domesticate. I've probably shot around 30 and never had one that didn't taste good.

Off the subject just a bit, What size are the Swampers? Looking at getting a set for my tacoma. Do you like them?

Also, CONGRATS to you guys on a couple great animals.

Off the subject just a bit, What size are the Swampers? Looking at getting a set for my tacoma. Do you like them?

Also, CONGRATS to you guys on a couple great animals.
I have ran swampers on my jeep and blazer for almost 20 years. The ones on my jeep are 35x10x16…. I like the skinnier tire on my jeep since it only has a straight 6. My blazer is running a 36x12.5x15… I prefer to run the SXII in a bias ply as they flex better when aired down. Awesome off road tire, but not so much on the road…

Thanks,
I am looking at the SXII in the 33x10.5x17 for my Tacoma
Loud, yes
road manners suck, but off road magic from what I have found.
Just never tried the SX II series
Thanks again,
Hunterturbo

Thanks,
I am looking at the SXII in the 33x10.5x17 for my Tacoma
Loud, yes
road manners suck, but off road magic from what I have found.
Just never tried the SX II series
Thanks again,
Hunterturb
Yeah... I have wheeled all over Moab, been all over CO and WY. I rarely need 4wd and have never put chains on in my life... Lockers and those tires are insane. Only problem is soft sand. They dig fast, but drop air pressure and don't spin.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom