Bivy Tarp Setup?

smokingfire

Do any of you use a bivy tarp setup while hunting? Which ones are out there that are lightweight or worth looking at?

I use the Seek Outside DST Tarp, very good shelter. I did upgrade to the Seek Outside Eolus two person tent. Same weight but more coverage.

D4B2458A-45B1-4199-9463-C4C814867E25.jpeg

This old 7# green nylon wall-type is what the wife and I bought for our honeymoon in the White Clouds, here in Idaho 42 years ago. Still works fine, and is a permanent fixture in my truck. The round one on the ground by it is my 2# A16 bivy, that is always with me hunting. If I really need to lighten up, my 1# nylon tarp and 50' of para cord gets the job done, if there are trees around!!!

The problem with bivy sacks in grizzly country is I always feel like a burrito!!

9203872A-74BB-4E07-8F68-5CAEBA47E1F2.jpeg

EBC173DD-A839-44D5-9AD3-BF79F45D9CF5.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a roll of tyvek left over from building my garage. I’d be happy to send you some.

I live within a few miles of Seek Outsides store so I go to just look at stuff and hunt for seconds

I have a roll of tyvek left over from building my garage. I’d be happy to send you some.

I live within a few miles of Seek Outsides store so I go to just look at stuff and hunt for seconds
I'll send you a PM. That's awesome you are that close to SO. I have a pack from them and we just bought an 8 man tipi earlier this year and have loved it so far.

Having been a bivy guy my whole adult life, I finally splurged on a Tarptent Stratuspire Li two man 3 1/2 season tent to keep the bugs and spin drift off of me. Can't say it's the best money I've ever spent, but it's damn close.

For two guys, bows and all your gear it's tight, but at a real world 1.87 lbs on my calibrated parts scale here at work, it's lighter than my bivy bag and tarps.

Cheers, Pete

27-milky-way-tarptent.jpg

movie-intro-image.jpg

tarptent scouting.jpg

Love these replies. I wanted to grab tipi setup but bought 4# new 3P big Agnes tent for my brother's first backpack hunt instead! Next yr...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom