How to cook Geoduck Clam

I dug one here on Humboldt Bay a long time ago. Not worth the effort when the Martha Washington clams were plentiful and much easier to get. The limit on them was 50/day.

I dug one here on Humboldt Bay a long time ago. Not worth the effort when the Martha Washington clams were plentiful and much easier to get. The limit on them was 50/day.
I'm almost afraid to ask; how did they get the name "Martha Washington?"

I'm almost afraid to ask; how did they get the name "Martha Washington?"
We had many discussions about that but we never figured it out. :unsure: We dug horse neck clams too, and that name seemed more obvious. When they dredged the entrance to Humboldt Bay they would pile the tailings up off to the side in shallow water and the horse neck clams were easy pickings for a week or so. They like deeper water. Now they haul it all off shore a couple miles so they get wasted. They call it "the dump" and it's a hot spot for crabbing.

We had many discussions about that but we never figured it out. :unsure: We dug horse neck clams too, and that name seemed more obvious. When they dredged the entrance to Humboldt Bay they would pile the tailings up off to the side in shallow water and the horse neck clams were easy pickings for a week or so. They like deeper water. Now they haul it all off shore a couple miles so they get wasted. They call it "the dump" and it's a hot spot for crabbing.
You could have at least made up some tale to sate my curiosity. :ROFLMAO:

5EBE05CC-CCA2-4D38-8ECB-A310F70028E0.jpeg
A78DC164-C9B7-4ACC-B546-02DCA68B5326.jpeg
3E626285-EE0E-44D9-A7EA-245E91519B9C.jpeg

It’s way easier having two arms

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom