Is America Dying - Part 2

2lumpy

Long Time Member
In Part 1 eelgrass asked about what’s going on in Department/Grocery stores.

Part 2 is a question about the consumer…….

I was looking at the price of steaks at one of our grocery stores, not Walmart. I was looking at the ribeyes. They were priced at $15.99 per pound. Too much for my budget today. I shifted over a step and pick up another package and looked at the price, $5.99. I took a closer look at the steak, and thought mmmmm, that looks like a ribeye (albeit, a very lean one) but WTH does that label say? I’m trying to get chuck something or other out of it…….. but can’t make sense of anything it abbreviated name is. I’m thinking, “what is this thing, it sure looks like ribeye to me.” I figure, WTH, I buy it and look it up on the computer when I get home, if it’s something nasty I’ll make stew out of it.

As I go to leave I look down and there are a dozen more of them in the display cooler.

I get home, take a picture of the label and toss it in the fridge. This afternoon I set down, type the label name into google and I notice it’s says “Chick” not “Chuck” so I type it in “CHICK BRST BNLS SKNLS SP and up comes “Raw Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions split (pieces/trim) ”

Its obviously miss labeled as a chicken breast. So here’s the question:

1. Do I return it and tell the store it’s miss labeled, and get a refund?
2. Eat it and keep my mouth shut?
3. Go back and buy all of the others? $4.43 ribeyes would make a he!! of a 4th of July party, while America Is Dying.

A576F903-F5BC-4D88-92F4-DD6334A1D522.jpeg

I was looking at the price of steaks at one of our grocery stores, not Walmart. I was looking at the ribeyes. They were priced at $15.99 per pound. Too much for my budget today. I shifted over a step and pick up another package and looked at the price, $5.99. I took a closer look at the steak, and thought mmmmm, that looks like a ribeye (albeit, a very lean one) but WTH does that label say? I’m trying to get chuck something or other out of it…….. but can’t make sense of anything it abbreviated name is. I’m thinking, “what is this thing, it sure looks like ribeye to me.” I figure, WTH, I buy it and look it up on the computer when I get home, if it’s something nasty I’ll make stew out of it.

As I go to leave I look down and there are a dozen more of them in the display cooler.

I get home, take a picture of the label and toss it in the fridge. This afternoon I set down, type the label name into google and I notice it’s says “Chick” not “Chuck” so I type it in “CHICK BRST BNLS SKNLS SP and up comes “Raw Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Portions split (pieces/trim) ”

3. Go back and buy all of the others? $4.43 ribeyes would make a he!! of a 4th of July party, while America Is Dying.

View attachment 114065
Go buy the rest of them

View attachment 114065
I am in Richfield I will pick them up and you get the grill a-going. Do you need me to pick-up anything else? ?

View attachment 114065
And enjoy them.
Probably miss labeled for the guys friend to come in and buy them all.

I'd Bet The 2nd Trip Had Already Been Made Before Lumpy Posted This!:D

RAZZIN Ya Lumpy Of Course!

Lumpy Is as Honest As They Make Em!

I Did Get The Opposite Treatment Of What You Just Encountered Lumpy & I Shoulda Took Them Back!

But I Just Bent Over Again & Took It!

There's A BACKYARD BUTCHERS Truck Sitting In Front Of The IFA Store In Roosevelt!

20 RibEyes For 39.99!

Anybody Tried Them?

Hey Lumpy?

Are You Saying Our Fading Vision Might Be An Advantage Sometimes?:D

Remember Lumpy:

Everybody See's All These Big Bucks,But Me & You Don't See Them Anymore!

This is From The Other Beef Thread!

You Probably Already Seen It Lumpy?

This Is The Treatment I Get:

About The Only Beef I Buy Out of The Stores is the:

Home - Willamette Valley Meat Company

Corporate Website for Willamette Valley Meat in Portland Oregon
www.wvmeat.com

They Have Beef Filets,Some Wrapped With Bacon,Some Not!

They Also Have Chicken that Are Bacon Wrapped!

On The Beef Filets They've Averaged 10.00-11.00 for A Pack of 2!

A Week ago I Bought A Pack & They Were 21.59,I Didn't See The Price Had Doubled,JUDAS!

Talked To A Guy a few Days Ago & He Claims Beef is Gonna Triple In Price!

Dang…….. just got back from checking for more. I couldn’t find any. I rang the bell and told the woman that came out of the back I wanted a package of “CHICK BRST BNLS SKNLS SP”…….. she said, “sorry we’re out.”

SOB……. cost me my afternoon nap, and I was out looking for elk at 4:45 this morning.

And ya BC my vision sucks too. Made my annual 4th of July weekend trip this morning. There was no one on the Monroe this morning so we had the place to ourselves until 9:30 a.m. Counted a some total of 5 bulls and about 20 cows and calves. One small 4 point buck and two yearling bucks…… about 25 does, not fawns………. they are still hiding for another week or two.

Twenty years ago we would count 80 - 90 bulls over the same roads this week. So that proves it BC, it’s our eyes have gone TU, it’s not the herds.

One thing you and I have not lost yet, is our ability to do is turn every post into a complaint about how the bureaucrats have screwed everything up…….. now they’ve even screwed up WM, Kohl’s and every restaurant in the country.

Here is “Poster Boy” advertising the elk on the Monroe this year, ain’t he something.

Date him June 27, Monroe Unit, 2023

BF1D1F9C-3144-4677-BEF9-325EBF689522.jpeg

Now I'm jealous! I noticed a cluster of blossoms on my tomato plant. The odds of one getting ripe has dropped to 35% chance now.
I cheat eel, I make sure they have green tomatoes on them when I bring them home from the nursery……….. but don’t tell SS!

Hey Lumpy?

Just The Other Side Of That Bull Looks Like A Major Chumming Area?:D

Dang…….. just got back from checking for more. I couldn’t find any. I rang the bell and told the woman that came out of the back I wanted a package of “CHICK BRST BNLS SKNLS SP”…….. she said, “sorry we’re out.”

SOB……. cost me my afternoon nap, and I was out looking for elk at 4:45 this morning.

And ya BC my vision sucks too. Made my annual 4th of July weekend trip this morning. There was no one on the Monroe this morning so we had the place to ourselves until 9:30 a.m. Counted a some total of 5 bulls and about 20 cows and calves. One small 4 point buck and two yearling bucks…… about 25 does, not fawns………. they are still hiding for another week or two.

Twenty years ago we would count 80 - 90 bulls over the same roads this week. So that proves it BC, it’s our eyes have gone TU, it’s not the herds.

One thing you and I have not lost yet, is our ability to do is turn every post into a complaint about how the bureaucrats have screwed everything up…….. now they’ve even screwed up WM, Kohl’s and every restaurant in the country.

Here is “Poster Boy” advertising the elk on the Monroe this year, ain’t he something.

Date him June 27, Monroe Unit, 2023

View attachment 114078

They say “sleep on it”

It works…….

In response, chickens have taken over the meat counter.
31D3B109-A7FE-45C4-8201-E2F79530884E.jpeg

Lumpy go easy on the flame, you might end up with charcoal next time…?
I’m a modern diner T.

“According to food connoisseurs, the process of burning food creates the Maillard reaction. This occurs when the caramelising of food results in amino acids and sugars being rearranged, and this produces complex flavours that are uniquely appealing to modern diners.”

“<2lumpy googles U.S.A.>”

Hey, BC those Williamette Valley Flat Iron Steaks are 5 bucks cheaper per pound than the ribeye and they are dang near as marbled and tender. Great flavor too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom