King Crab leg scam

Hey lif?

You Remember The Truck load of 39.99 Rib-Eyes In Town Don't Ya?

A Couple Of Different People Told Me They Were A WHOPPIN 1/4" Thick!:D

Dang I thought the 10 lbs of king crab legs I had a customer give me was a nice tip. I guess not!

The last I heard king crabs were on the endangered species list because of my gas powered lawn mower.

Sorry my post was so short and confusing: Here's the skinny: This Saturday is our 60th anniversary. I am nearly an invalid now due to Lumbar degeneration , fusion and severe arthritis. We were trying to come up with something we both enjoy and can do so we decided on crab & steak dinner at home. Lo and behold about three weeks ago an ad popped up on my home page for king crab. The ad was well done, contained specific information : two day shipment, tracking information, 24/7 contact information...etc. Free shipping...$29.00 for three #s..you order your choice of number of legs at various increment prices. It was lengthy and was well presented. The normal Alaskan sources were around $400 for the same amount they were quoting for $67.00 with insurance...... I signed up. a couple of hours later I get an email invoice and it appeared to be correct... In three days I tried to track my shipment....no response, I tried to contact them..no repponce. I dug a little deeper and found it was a scam out of Hong Kong. I called my credit card company and they have refunded the charge. I bought 4- big legs for about $100 a pound. They arrived in two days. We figured who knows when such milestone will occur again. SORRY about the confusion !

PS: I have gotten a big kick about you guys and dating older women....been dating my "older woman" for about 63 years.

Enlighten me
Screenshot 2023-07-19 at 1.34.13 PM.png

Congratulations on 60 years with your sweetheart, liitlebull.

For the record, henceforth, whenever we refer to an outstanding married woman, in honor of your lovely lady, we shall use the term, “she’s a King Crab wife”.

And…….. thanks for the heads up on the scammers……….. and, let your Bank known we all appreciate them setting a fine example for the rest of our financial institutions.

The last I heard king crabs were on the endangered species list because of my gas powered lawn mower.
I think you’ve enlightened me, again, eel. You’re saying, in your especially talented way, “endangered species” are not equally endangered. What’s endangered for one……… not so much for another.

Another example: King Crag & Alaskan moose = endangered, for 2Lumpy, but = not endangered for SS!’s clients.

Thanks eel. It takes a lot of explaining before I get it……

Your turn to connect it to homosexuality and/or religion SS! ……. as we keep this as crazy as possible, for the guests……

Last edited:
I think you’ve enlightened me, again, eel. You’re saying, in your especially talented way, “endangered species” are not equally endangered. What’s endangered for one……… not so much for another.

Another example: King Crag & Alaskan moose = endangered, for 2Lumpy, but = not endangered for SS!’s clients.

Thanks eel. It takes a lot of explaining before I get it……

Your turn to connect it to homosexuality and/or religion SS! ……. as we keep this as crazy possible, for the guests……
Global warming caused by my lawn mower caused this.

NOAA Fisheries—in close coordination with federal and state partners—is responsible for fostering healthy, productive, and sustainable marine fisheries. Our management process is based on science and conducted according to a process outlined in the Magnuson-Stevens Act. All of our stock assessments are subject to a public, transparent, rigorous, peer-review process.

Our best available science indicates that the crash of the Bering Sea snow crab stock leading to the fishery closure was related to the 2019 heat wave in the North Pacific. That heat wave as well as earlier heat waves have been attributed to climate change.

The Alaska Department of Fish and Game and NOAA Fisheries work together to produce the Bristol Bay red king crab stock assessment in accordance with the co-management agreement outlined in the North Pacific Fishery Management Council’s Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands Crab Fishery Management Plan.

The red king crab closure in Bristol Bay was related to a continued decline in that stock for many years. The cause of that decline is likely due to a combination of factors and related to continued warming and variability in ocean conditions in Alaska.

Climate change will continue to present challenges to our understanding of marine ecosystems in Alaska and elsewhere but we have a robust management system that will allow us to adapt.

Global warming caused by my lawn mower caused this.

NOAA Fisheries—in close coordination with federal and state partners—is responsible for fostering healthy, productive, and sustainable marine fisheries. Our management process is based on science and conducted according to a process outlined in the Magnuson-Stevens Act. All of our stock assessments are subject to a public, transparent, rigorous, peer-review process.

Our best available science indicates that the crash of the Bering Sea snow crab stock leading to the fishery closure was related to the 2019 heat wave in the North Pacific. That heat wave as well as earlier heat waves have been attributed to climate change.

The Alaska Department of Fish and Game and NOAA Fisheries work together to produce the Bristol Bay red king crab stock assessment in accordance with the co-management agreement outlined in the North Pacific Fishery Management Council’s Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands Crab Fishery Management Plan.

The red king crab closure in Bristol Bay was related to a continued decline in that stock for many years. The cause of that decline is likely due to a combination of factors and related to continued warming and variability in ocean conditions in Alaska.

Climate change will continue to present challenges to our understanding of marine ecosystems in Alaska and elsewhere but we have a robust management system that will allow us to adapt.

Now that was a mouth-full

Here's a deal for 2lumpy

I wonder if liitlebull’s order is one of the 448?

I’d like to play along with you for a while but I’m afraid if I did, somebody would believe you eel…….. and become 449.
???. At that price SS! would most likely place an order and sue us both for collaborative conspiracy and mail fraud.

8E23C10F-0464-42CD-A01B-BDB1CF44C76C.jpeg

I wonder if liitlebull’s order is one of the 448?

I’d like to play along with you for a while but I’m afraid if I did, somebody would believe you eel…….. and become 449.
???. At that price SS! would most likely place an order and sue us both for collaborative conspiracy and mail fraud.

View attachment 115669
I ordered the crab and felt like I got such a good deal I signed up for a guaranteed 220 mule deer. A guided hunt in Utah for $1200 includes license and tag. Money sent!

I ordered the crab and felt like I got such a good deal I signed up for a guaranteed 220 mule deer. A guided hunt in Utah for $1200 includes license and tag. Money sent!
Sounds about right. I’m sure you sent cash. Was it a Utah county address?

They charge $320 for a spike hunt and for only 80% more you get to go first class. Send us pictures of your harvest.

Thanks for reminding me, nothing to see here, Wyoming has much more honest outfitters. So does Idaho and Colorado.

Not all crustasions are created equal, I know that but…….. I barely pulled the trigger before they ran out. I ordered 10 pounds Monday afternoon and they brought them to my door in boondocks Utah, via FedX, this morning at 11:30 A.M.

I ordered the same package from them last year…… they were delicious.

Price was $105.00 for 10 pounds live
non-select crawfish, including seasonings AND the overnight airfreight and deliver to my door step in South Central Utah (165 miles from the Salt Lake Airport) They dang near pay you to tak’em.

Ignore the “Out of stock” message, they are still shipping, they’ll put you on a waiting list.

image.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom