leftover first come firs serve this am

mdbrown

Long Time Member
did anyone try and get a tag this am? i might have got a mzl antelope tag.. they charged my card for the full fee of the tag and app. they normally dont as far as i know on lope tags.

I tried... I had multiple computers going trying to get my tag. got in, put my license number in everything was looking good and then clicked continue and the server wouldn't respond and then crashed. awesome.... No tag from me.

i think its not a very good way to do things. i kept trying at 17 after i finally got through.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-15 AT 11:51AM (MST)[p]I tried both online and over the phone. Had a fish and game person on the phone at 9:59, at 10, she grabbed my tag that I wanted. I was so stoked, then her PC crashes and at 10:17 when it came up all tags were gone. I was also trying online at the same time, no luck.

I am sure Obama broke their system. Plus she said with so few tags left the employees at the stores such as sportmans or walmart got the tags

They have an updated news release out on the webpage. Because of the computer problem, they suspended all sales. They will give 24 hours notice once it is fixed and try it again.

this just showed up on my page at about 11:40

308-15-003889 - Purchased 08/06/2015

308 - RES. CH HUNT PRONGHORN (Item cannot be duplicated

looks like im going lope hunting

LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-15 AT 12:06PM (MST)[p]>They have an updated news release
>out on the webpage. Because
>of the computer problem, they
>suspended all sales. They will
>give 24 hours notice once
>it is fixed and try
>it again.

So your telling me there is a chance!

I think they should just do an auction downtown and raise money for charity. Or maybe a competition, like arm wrestling, or cage fighting.

>this just showed up on my
>page at about 11:40
>
>
>308-15-003889 - Purchased 08/06/2015
>
>308 - RES. CH HUNT PRONGHORN
>(Item cannot be duplicated
>
>looks like im going lope hunting
>

May want to call them as they just put out another press release saying all the tags went unclaimed.

I swear EVERY year Idaho F&G SCREWS something in the draws up !!! why are the early tags not picked up earlier ?? that way if there are any leftover tags at least someone wanting to hunt the early season has a chance to go & scout !!

Here's the oldest debate on MM: The Idaho draw system is jacked in every aspect, including trying to give everyone a chance at an unclaimed tag just days before seasons are set to start.

>I swear EVERY year Idaho
>F&G SCREWS something in the
>draws up !!!
>why are the early tags
>not picked up earlier ??
> that way if there
>are any leftover tags at
>least someone wanting to hunt
>the early season has a
>chance to go & scout
>!!

The tags that are available now are ones that people drew in the first draw and didn't pick up, I don't know how you can find fault with IDFG for people who draw tags deciding not to pick them up by the deadline but I know some of you will find a way to blame them for every problem out there

I know how the draw works what I was saying is WHY are these Early Season tags not drawn earlier than the other tags .. So if there are leftover tags then at least a person that wants to hunt the early season has Time to do some scouting !!!! F&G is the ONLY ones that controls the drawings SO who else's Fault could it Be ???? As it is & has been if a person gets a leftover tag Now it leaves very little time to plan a hunt let alone do any scouting !! some of these hunts opened the 1st of August others open the 15th !!

IDF&G needs to draw the left over early tags in the second drawing. If a hunter has issues with drawing an early tag a week into the hunt, don't apply.

I drew a leftover early 39 tag a few years ago. Stopped by IDF&G on my way home, bought the tag and hunted that night. I didn't ##### that I lost a week of season...

I get what you're saying now. IDFG should just do a drawing every month so that we have plenty of time to scout for every hunt. If the hunt starts in August lets draw in February. If it starts in October draw in April but if you applied for August hunts you are not eligible for October hunts. Hey some hunts are in December lets draw those in June and now nobody who applied for hunts in any other month is eligible. You see the problem here. They draw all the tags at the same time, they give people a timeframe in which to pick up those tags. A few don't get picked up, you can buy those 1st come, 1st served if you would like but nobody is forcing you to buy one of the early hunts so if not having time to scout is a concern don't buy one. Funny thing about scouting before season, you don't have to have a tag for an area to scout it so if you think you might want 1 of those early tags and you know that typically there may be a leftover tag or two for the area you want go scout before you have the tag, I know this is too much common sense but try using some sometime you may be surprised.

I'm a little confused. F&G told me there is a second drawing or are these tags first come?

>I'm a little confused. F&G told
>me there is a second
>drawing or are these tags
>first come?

Most of the controlled hunts available now are in the 2nd draw however there are some leftover controlled hunts that open on or prior to the August 15th draw deadline that will be available 1st come 1st served once the vendor problem is solved.

>IDF&G needs to draw the left
>over early tags in the
>second drawing. If a
>hunter has issues with drawing
>an early tag a week
>into the hunt, don't apply.
>
>
>I drew a leftover early 39
>tag a few years ago.
> Stopped by IDF&G on
>my way home, bought the
>tag and hunted that night.
> I didn't ##### that
>I lost a week of
>season...

exactly the way I see it. Why waste time and resources on first come first serve just for a few extra days of hunting?

Great point...my wife drew a cow elk tag. We picked it up weeks early, many do.

They (F&G) could easily move the date up a couple weeks, but that would make too much sense. It might also create more work for them with unclaimed tags. People (successful applicants) are lazy mofos.

Good luck to everyone. I'm not interested in the tags available, but I think it's fun to get more "chances".

I think F&G is trying to do a good thing here in trying to get these tags to people as quickly as possible. I think they underestimated what a hassle doing it might be. Lord knows, we're going to hear complaints from those that feel they got cheated in the "dial for tags" race.

Come on guys, isn't the tag lotto part of the fun and one of the things we look most forward to.

Thank god they don't just auction every single tag to the highest bidder starting in Jan. I imagine that will be the case in Utah one day soon.

PS If you don't want to see our F&G get more and more desperate for funding sources, you all need to have a chat with your state legislators to stop screwing with their budget. Don't forget the debacle from this session.

Yes the draw is fun to a point. If we had a points system there is NO hope. You buy your points until you get the tag. The system we have at least everyone has "hope" every year. And in a lot of cases two times a year.

I understand that Idaho needs the money. So for that reason keep the second drawing. But for the leftovers, that the season starts early, why don't they just put in the people who put in for the hunts originally?

>I understand that Idaho needs the
>money. So for that reason
>keep the second drawing. But
>for the leftovers, that the
>season starts early, why don't
>they just put in the
>people who put in for
>the hunts originally?

Very good point.

Website crashed again. Idaho fish and game sucks

IMO Anyone who drew for a controlled hunt tag and did not pick it up should not be able to put in for a controlled hunt tag the following year.

That would be a mistake, they WANT the app fees and the $160 from NRs! That's why waiting periods are ONLY one year. They want you back in the game asap! All about the benjamins.

The lady on the phone when i got through at 10:03 said the system crashed and they dont know if any of the tags were picked up.

i picked up an archery antelope tag after multiple attempts of crashing. i know guys that got messages saying 39 tags were gone and 45 archery tags were gone, so people did get through.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

what a bunch of crap. i got my tag on the internet.. they are going to mail them within 5-7 business days, but i can go to a regional office and pay 7.50 for a duplicate tag before then if i want to hunt the opener.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

Orion, you sure are a glass always empty kind of guy aren't you. You got a tag and instead of being happy you picked the tag and get to hunt you start complaining again, about not being about to hunt because they are mailing you the tag. I would be more than happy to have gotten the tag I tried to this morning and paid the duplicate license fee. You probably shoot your biggest deer to date and then complain about how horrible the hunting is on your way back home.

>Orion, you sure are a glass
>always empty kind of guy
>aren't you. You got a
>tag and instead of being
>happy you picked the tag
>and get to hunt you
>start complaining again, about not
>being about to hunt because
>they are mailing you the
>tag. I would be more
>than happy to have gotten
>the tag I tried to
>this morning and paid the
>duplicate license fee. You probably
>shoot your biggest deer to
>date and then complain about
>how horrible the hunting is
>on your way back home.
>

your right i might if my experience was bad because its not all about the killing, its about the experience and if my experience wasnt great... yeah i might. i have killed some good deer and that isnt what always makes the hunt great. maybe to you it is, i dont know.

and I DO APPRECIATE THE TAG and i would pay double the price to have one... IF... that was the price stated before i tried to get it. what i dont like is for the non-sense stuff, fees that shouldnt be there etc. they put these tags out first come first served so you could hunt the opener and then they mail them to you after the opener? that isnt strange to you? Now if i want to hunt the opener i have to pay another 7.50... ???? yeah, its only 7.50, im not complaining about the money, its the structure of the whole thing. maybe you dont mind being bent over, but i do.

Im sorry you didnt get your tag. Again, i do appreciate the tag. that explain it a little better?

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

This whole second chance OTC system was a #####-storm. They'll need to make changes next year to create a better system.

Other note, a buddy says he picked-up a Unit 40 archery deer.

I tried getting a tag this morning and my card was charged for a unit 41 archery deer tag. I received confirmation from my bank that my card was, in fact, charged. I received a text alert, email alert, and my online banking shows that my card was charged. I called Fish and Game this morning and they said no tag appears on my account. They were emailed proof that my card was charged and are "looking into" the problem. Did this happen to anyone else?

>I tried getting a tag this
>morning and my card was
>charged for a unit 41
>archery deer tag. I received
>confirmation from my bank that
>my card was, in fact,
>charged. I received a text
>alert, email alert, and my
>online banking shows that my
>card was charged. I called
>Fish and Game this morning
>and they said no tag
>appears on my account.
>They were emailed proof that
>my card was charged and
>are "looking into" the problem.
>Did this happen to anyone
>else?

I figured that's exactly what would happen to a bunch of guys. I was crossing my fingers I wouldn't be in your shoes if I was lucky enough to get through and check out.

The disappointment of not getting your tag and having to earn your money back, good times!

>I tried getting a tag this
>morning and my card was
>charged for a unit 41
>archery deer tag. I received
>confirmation from my bank that
>my card was, in fact,
>charged. I received a text
>alert, email alert, and my
>online banking shows that my
>card was charged. I called
>Fish and Game this morning
>and they said no tag
>appears on my account.
>They were emailed proof that
>my card was charged and
>are "looking into" the problem.
>Did this happen to anyone
>else?

did you get a confirmation email with a confirmation number saying you got the tag?

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

Classic Lose Lose situation.

I know they mean well. I know they are trying to help. Devil is always in the details.

I was told at this spring's scoping meeting by IDFG employees and the SE commissioner that the department does NOT make money conducting the second draw. All the money goes to the vendor. If that is the case, they need to just draw a waiting list of original applicants, and issue unpurchased tags to those on the list. IT IS NOT THAT HARD!!!!! The Utard DWR does it. Why they milk us out of additional application fees and endure this annual chaos is beyond reason.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-15 AT 02:08PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-15 AT 02:07?PM (MST)

shedneck pm sent

UPDATE: Finally got someone at licensing to look into it. Although the guy that helped me was very nice, in the end I don't have a tag and the only explanation that I got for being charged for a tag and not actually getting a tag was that it was a "system error." Really? I bellyache every year about the amount of money that I spend on licenses and application fees in Idaho only to never to get a tag, so imagine my disappointment when they issue unit 41 archery tags on a first-come, first-served basis and I endure the anxiety and anticipation of trying to beat everyone else to the punch, was charged for the tag, then told I don't get it... Add that to my list of reasons to bellyache. So frustrating. I know you Idaho folks love your draw system there, and that's great, but I'm so thankful that I don't have to deal with that stuff in Nevada. Why Idaho even allows people to not pick up and pay for the freaking tag they applied for in the first draw is beyond me. That is all.

i hear you. i presonally dont like it.. i would like to have points myself. i like the NV system. Now if i was a guy that drew a lot of tags i probably wouldnt but i dont.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

>i hear you. i presonally
>dont like it.. i would
>like to have points myself.
> i like the NV
>system. Now if i
>was a guy that drew
>a lot of tags i
>probably wouldnt but i dont.
>
>
>Travis
>www.SkullHanger.com

So does Nevada allow you to buy an O.T.C. tag and hunt Elk in the majority of the state???

The OTC comeback is the most overused and least influential and least persuading comeback to someone's distaste for the Idaho DRAW system. I said nothing about the OTC tags. At all. Because that process has nothing to do with the DRAW.

>The OTC comeback is the most
>overused and least influential and
>least persuading comeback to someone's
>distaste for the Idaho DRAW
>system. I said nothing about
>the OTC tags. At all.
>Because that process has nothing
>to do with the DRAW.
>

i agree. id like to see points for the controlled hunt tags, at least deer, elk and antelope..... or much, much longer wait times like nevada, 5 years if you dont harvest and more if you do (at least for the blue chip units) ... Im done! this is beating a dead horse i know and sorry for even posting. and no im not complaining, i cant, i picked up an archery antelope tag. ;)

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

I agree with a longer wait time for successful applicants. Point systems don't work mathematically and place new hunters at a great disadvantage.

lol... i was thinking about your bryan when i was typing that last post because i know where you stand on the subject. i think most hunters in idaho do not want the point system and ive come to except that its not going to change.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

>The OTC comeback is the most
>overused and least influential and
>least persuading comeback to someone's
>distaste for the Idaho DRAW
>system. I said nothing about
>the OTC tags. At all.
>Because that process has nothing
>to do with the DRAW.
>

So how many times have you hunted big game in the last 10-years in the great state of Nevada?? If i don't draw a tag, no big deal, i know i'm hunting any way,and generally tag out on a Whitetail or Elk!! Just sayin,L.O.L.

>>The OTC comeback is the most
>>overused and least influential and
>>least persuading comeback to someone's
>>distaste for the Idaho DRAW
>>system. I said nothing about
>>the OTC tags. At all.
>>Because that process has nothing
>>to do with the DRAW.
>>
>
>
>So how many times have you
>hunted big game in the
>last 10-years in the great
>state of Nevada?? If i
>don't draw a tag, no
>big deal, i know i'm
>hunting any way,and generally tag
>out on a Whitetail or
>Elk!! Just sayin,L.O.L.

i think he is saying keep the OTC tags OTC. for the controlled tags have a point system like NV. that way you can hunt when you dont draw.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

To each their own.

I never hear guys complain when they draw. Good buddy whined like hell that he never drew. He put in for 44 rifle deer almost every year. 25 years, one tag. Below the ~8% draw odd.

Over the years though I hear about the multipe elk and even a few antelope tags he's had. None the less, I get his frustration on 44 deer, he doesn't care as much about other species.

He finally drew in 2013. Killed a 212 buck. 2014 he can't put in for bucks, but finds a high quality either sex bow tag and despite the odd's draws. Misses a 40yd shot at a 220 buck. 2015, he is hunting bucks again in Unit 44. Guess who isn't complaining any more.

Fact is, every year here you have a chance. Fact is, the longer you put in the better chance you have.

Funny thing is the Points Guys, who all have this well laid out plan when they will draw are finding the reality of draws as point creep is a huge complaint all across the west. Wy is classic. Previous gimme second choice lope draws, General Elk, and Region G draws are no longer gimme's.

Like I said to each his own. I love Idaho and their system. So will my grandkids some day.

brdhuntr - it's obvious you missed my point, despite the fact that I spelled it out very clearly, twice. What does OTC tags have to do with Idaho's draw system? Nothing. Zero. It's great that you get to tag out on a whitetail or elk every year. Just like you, if I don't draw a tag I can hunt whitetail and elk in Idaho, too. Did you forget that the same luxury you have with OTC tags in Idaho is available to non-residents? What does the number of times I hunted big game in Nevada in the last ten years have to do with Idaho's draw system? Again, nothing. Zero.

lol...we are really getting off topic here but....i do understand point creep too, but when people can still hunt general hunts what is the big deal and as long as its bonus points, those lucky guys that draw the tags can have a chance to remain lucky. its just giving better odds to the guys that havent.

I agree that the guys that draw dont complain, makes perfect sense. i generally put in for hunts with odds no worse than 1 in 4 and this year applied for 2 with 50% odds. the long odds tags will always be long odds, but most of the hunts i think could benefit from one if structured correctly.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

>lol...we are really getting off topic
>here but....i do understand point
>creep too, but when people
>can still hunt general hunts
>what is the big deal
>and as long as its
>bonus points, those lucky guys
>that draw the tags can
>have a chance to remain
>lucky. its just giving
>better odds to the guys
>that havent.
>
>I agree that the guys that
>draw dont complain, makes perfect
>sense. i generally put in
>for hunts with odds no
>worse than 1 in 4
>and this year applied for
>2 with 50% odds.
>the long odds tags will
>always be long odds, but
>most of the hunts i
>think could benefit from one
>if structured correctly.
>
>
>Travis
>www.SkullHanger.com

You praise the Nevada system, but guys from Washington which has the same squared bonus points system all praise Idaho's system. The reality is the grass is always greener on the other side and idaho has the fairest draw system for everyone.

If Idaho ever goes to any point system it will be the start to the end of OTC tags. That would be a sad day!

FYI - one week later the charge for a non-resident deer tag still appears on my credit card even though IDFG claims I wasn't issued a tag during the online purchase frenzy last week. I'm not complaining (anymore, at least) about not getting the tag, but still having the tag amount reflected on my card and accruing interest is a bit ridiculous.

I had TWO charges for an antelope tag I didn't get in the First come first serve fiasco. I faxed in a copy of the posted charges, and they were removed in about 48 hours.

Shedneck, I'm in the same boat. Still waiting to have the charge taken off my credit card statement....
It was a dog and pony show when I called a few days ago. I got transferred 4 times. Then once I finally talk to someone that knows what's going on she tells me to send in a email explaining what happened? are you kidding me? so I do and then get a reply back asking for a screen shot showing the charge on my credit card statement? They charged me, why don't they look in their bank account where my money is....
My patience is running out... its been a week.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom