Mr. Anti-public land, Mike Lee, needs to go

McMullin during the debate in regards to that:

“Well Senator Lee I think we’ve both had our issues with the quality of candidates we’ve had as choices at the Presidential level in recent years. If you recall in 2016, you voted for me.”
2016 is not 2020, Trump was an unknown wild card politically in 2016 and I almost didn't vote for him, so I'm obviously not going to hold that against him.

My problem with McMullin is after trump proved he could governor very conservatively he bailed in his principals and attacked with the democrats because he didn't like his temperament.

If we end up with 50 republicans, 49 Democrats, and McMullin as an Independent.......who will he caucus with?....you know him well 1eye.....what will he do??.,..what side will control the gavel??

If we end up with 50 republicans, 49 Democrats, and McMullin as an Independent.......who will he caucus with?....you know him well 1eye.....what will he do??.,..what side will control the gavel??
Especially in 2 years if trump or another "trump like" candidate wins the presidency.

2016 is not 2020, Trump was an unknown wild card politically in 2016 and I almost didn't vote for him, so I'm obviously not going to hold that against him.

My problem with McMullin is after trump proved he could governor very conservatively he bailed in his principals and attacked with the democrats because he didn't like his temperament.
I agreed with some of what Trump did. I didn’t bury my soul because he had some policies I liked. I don’t understand why some of you don’t realize you can support the policy, and not the man. Lee is the personification of the man. McMullin is policy based, not rhetoric and divisive Trumpism based. The dude will vote largely the exact same way as Mike Lee. I don’t get the idea that some of you have here. McMullin went on record as recently as the debate going AGAINST Democratic policy stances. He literally said things like “I’m pro life, I believe in the sanctity of life”.(Btw even the state Democrats like McAdams who have endorsed him have also been on record saying “I’m a pro life Democrat”) The biggest difference between Mike Lee and Evan McMullin policy wise is one is Trumpy and one is not. One sold his soul to one man and the other didn’t. That doesn’t change what they support policy wise. I would bet you everything in my bank account McMullin‘s voted in the Senate are 90% in favor of Republicans. He will do plenty I do not agree with. But Mike Lee is a travesty of a Senator who believes more in party than he does in country or policy.

Let me put this very clearly.

Could I vote for DeSantis?
Yes

Will I ever vote for Donald Trump?
Not once. Not ever.

Btw you’re right….in 2020 the American people rejected Trump vs 2016. If McMullins a Democrat…then Mike Lee voted for a Democrat in 2016…..HE’S NOT…..Mike Lee just has to use the only thing he’s got and pretend he is because Mike Lee has absolutely nothing else to run on but the letter next to his name. Lee knows McMullin well….he does not actually believe the dudes a Democrat. He’s simply running a campaign against him where someone’s finally challenging his shitty record as Senator.

Last edited:
Oneye
You are just like a limp wristed liberal can not answer questions.

I’ve voted for plenty of each major parties as well as plenty of 3rd party candidates. I don’t think one side or the other has a monopoly on good or bad ideas or good or bad rhetoric. There are good conservative policies beneficial to our country, there are also good liberal policies beneficial to our country. But yes, those of you I’ve said are totally partisan…..have proven yourselves to be……totally partisan.
You still have not pointed out one partisan comment from me before post# 373.
So you was attacking me as a partisan hack without any knowledge.
Again I ask you to show me one comment before post# 373 that made me a partisan hack?
Answer the question.
[/QUOTE]

I agreed with some of what Trump did. I didn’t bury my soul because he had some policies I liked. I don’t understand why some of you don’t realize you can support the policy, and not the man. Lee is the personification of the man. McMullin is policy based, not rhetoric and divisive Trumpism based. The dude will vote largely the exact same way as Mike Lee. I don’t get the idea that some of you have here. McMullin went on record as recently as the debate going AGAINST Democratic policy stances. He literally said things like “I’m pro life, I believe in the sanctity of life”.(Btw even the state Democrats like McAdams who have endorsed him have also been on record saying “I’m a pro life Democrat”) The biggest difference between Mike Lee and Evan McMullin policy wise is one is Trumpy and one is not. One sold his soul to one man and the other didn’t. That doesn’t change what they support policy wise. I would bet you everything in my bank account McMullin‘s voted in the Senate are 90% in favor of Republicans. He will do plenty I do not agree with. But Mike Lee is a travesty of a Senator who believes more in party than he does in country or policy.

Yes

Not once. Not ever.

Btw you’re right….in 2020 the American people rejected Trump vs 2016. If McMullins a Democrat…then Mike Lee voted for a Democrat in 2016…..HE’S NOT…..Mike Lee just has to use the only thing he’s got and pretend he is because Mike Lee has absolutely nothing else to run on but the letter next to his name. Lee knows McMullin well….he does not actually believe the dudes a Democrat. He’s simply running a campaign against him where someone’s finally challenging his shitty record as Senator.
I don't think he is a democrat, don't really think he's a republican, I feel he is going to vote on whatever keeps him in the lime light, and currently and for the last 6 years being the democrats best bud has gotten him exactly what he wanted. It's the only thing Making him relevant. My bet is that will continue. No thanks.

By the way what exactly did trump do that made you hate him so much? Specifically on a policy level.

I don't think he is a democrat, don't really think he's a republican, I feel he is going to vote on whatever keeps him in the lime light, and currently and for the last 6 years being the democrats best bud has gotten him exactly what he wanted. It's the only thing Making him relevant. My bet is that will continue. No thanks.

By the way what exactly did trump do that made you hate him so much? Specifically on a policy level.
McMullin will vote the way he’s always been…in a conservative manner.

Why do I hate Trump? The stupid **** he says. The way he acts like a barbarian and child. The negative impact he’s had on the social fabric of the nation. The liar he is. The cheat he is. The sore loser he is. The way he’s called “fake” the things that make up the very fabric of our democracy. He is a total and absolute clown, a fraud, a liar, and a self deluded selfish POS. No policy is going to make me throw all that aside to support an individual who is a clown who hasn’t earned it.

Now, I have some deer hunting to do in the morning and over the next week. See ya.

Why do I hate Trump? The stupid **** he says. The way he acts like a barbarian and child. The negative impact he’s had on the social fabric of the nation. The liar he is. The cheat he is. The sore loser he is. The way he’s called “fake” the things that make up the very fabric of our democracy. He is a total and absolute clown, a fraud, a liar, and a self deluded selfish POS. No policy is going to make me throw all that aside to support an individual who is a clown who hasn’t earned it.

Now, I have some deer hunting to do in the morning and over the next week. See ya.
Lmao, the ever so typical "he says mean things" BS.

Love how you post several times about how "we will be ok and survive Biden" who is actually doing things to make the world worse off, but Trump says some things you don't like and he's tearing apart the very fabric of our democracy. Please give it a break.

I'm not always a fan of the way Trump says thing but he never endangered the country with anything he said, or did. That is just leftist BS. It's too bad more Americans was not able to see past the BS the media and the left pushed so hard as we would not be in such a sh!t hole situation economically if Trump was still the president. Unfortunately we will all pay the consequences of their stupidity.

Yes

Not once. Not ever.

What if trump had an opponent that said you were going to drive an EV, eat bugs no more meat China gets our beef, your private property rights would be gone, you were going to pay 60% of your wage, your money will go to a foreign nation to fight their war, the border will be wide open, your kids and grandkids will be learning about the benefits of a sex change in school, we are locking your nest thermostat at 78 degrees & we are taking away your water shares and installing a meter on your well that gives you water. Would you vote for Trump then?

Oneye you realize because Biden the world is the closest it’s ever been to nuclear war right? So just how stupid is Trump?

Everybody is trying to make the Lee/McMullin race about Trump, except Mike Lee.

Mike Lee went so far as to say in their debate that only two Republican Senators, Rand Paul and Susan Collins, voted against Trump more than he did. He's literally saying with his own mouth that a vote for Lee isn't a vote for Trump.

Mike Lee's TV ads aren't showing him standing with Trump or quoting Trump's endorsement, Lee is avoiding it like the plague and actively campaigning to distance himself from Trump.

The bottom line is that anybody who lives in Utah had their electoral college vote cast for the Republican last time and will again next time, regardless of who is on the ticket. The Presidential bickering in states like Utah, Wyoming, and California is useless. The outcome is predetermined.

I still think Mike Lee is reelected but I'm glad we finally have an electoral race that forces a candidate to at least make an attempt to keep his seat. It's been a long time since that has happened in a statewide general election here.

Mike Lee went so far as to say in their debate that only two Republican Senators, Rand Paul and Susan Collins, voted against Trump more than he did. He's literally saying with his own mouth that a vote for Lee isn't a vote for Trump.

Mike Lee's TV ads aren't showing him standing with Trump or quoting Trump's endorsement, Lee is avoiding it like the plague and actively campaigning to distance himself from Trump.

The bottom line is that anybody who lives in Utah had their electoral college vote cast for the Republican last time and will again next time, regardless of who is on the ticket. The Presidential bickering in states like Utah, Wyoming, and California is useless. The outcome is predetermined.

I still think Mike Lee is reelected but I'm glad we finally have an electoral race that forces a candidate to at least make an attempt to keep his seat. It's been a long time since that has happened in a statewide general election here.
To think any election is a shoe in is a mistake. Republicans and their voters better assume they are 10 pts behind. And FYI over a million dem voters are registered as republican voters now. But the republicans still need to campaign and vote like they are down.

Trump grabbed you by the *****, obviously.

Trumps grabbed this pu&&$¥ like a Siamese kitten at petco. I hate both McGriddles and Lee, but I’m swinging towards Lee lately, lesser of two a$$ clowns I supppose.

EFD7EF57-74A9-42E7-BD6F-5508D64FACB0.jpeg

I'm not sure how you can watch Lee's campaign and the debate and not see he's running as far away from his Trumpiness as he can. But guess what Mike? It happened, and we all know it.

Chris Stewart’s former Chief of Staff endorses…….Evan McMullin. One candidate has Republicans, Democrats, and Independents endorsing him…the other? Only partisan endorsements. Would be nice to have someone who can represent all Utahn’s and not just be partisan in purpose.

Also, looks like Mike didn’t want to debate where everyone could see, even on his safe space of Fox News:

Chris Stewart’s former Chief of Staff endorses…….Evan McMullin. One candidate has Republicans, Democrats, and Independents endorsing him…the other? Only partisan endorsements. Would be nice to have someone who can represent all Utahn’s and not just be partisan in purpose.

Also, looks like Mike didn’t want to debate where everyone could see, even on his safe space of Fox News:

Cry us a river ?
OK look browneye, your comments aren’t even slighty effective, in fact if anything, you’ve helped clarify the wrong direction, don’t you get it? Your a legend in your own mind. We all know who the real conservatives are, you’re one of the few not quite up to speed.
again- your candidate is:
Funded by Democrats
Voted left
buddies with Romney
Smashed republicans multiple times, on record
voted to impeach former pres
I could go on all night-

vote for Mike Lee -a real conservative, we don’t need any more experiments, we need common sense politicians we can depend on to represent our side not the opposite.

in response to your next comments - your wrong

Cry us a river ?
OK look browneye, your comments aren’t even slighty effective, in fact if anything, you’ve helped clarify the wrong direction, don’t you get it? Your a legend in your own mind. We all know who the real conservatives are, you’re one of the few not quite up to speed.
again- your candidate is:
Funded by Democrats
Voted left
buddies with Romney
Smashed republicans multiple times, on record
voted to impeach former pres
I could go on all night-

vote for Mike Lee -a real conservative, we don’t need any more experiments, we need common sense politicians we can depend on to represent our side not the opposite.

in response to your next comments - your wrong
Chris Stewart’s former Chief of Staff is a lifelong Republican. McMullin is a life long Republican and also was a House Republican policy director. Several other Republicans have endorsed and donated to McMullin. Just because a portion of donations to McMullin comes from Democrats, doesn’t make him one. Also, Romney is clearly conservative. Your litmus test is clearly Trump loyalty when you say he is not, not conservatism. You neglect to acknowledge, plenty of Republicans also have supported and endorsed McMullin.

I know I know. ONLY one side of the political spectrum can like someone for them to be legitimate. I don’t agree. Representatives should represent their constituents, and McMullin would represent Utah far better than Lee.

McMullin is fully willing to debate Lee on Fox News. Lee has time for a segment with Hannity twice a week, but not to appear with his opponent? He’s such a conservative certainly he can defend his record on the most friendly network on television to him in a debate on Fox right?

Last edited:
Chris Stewart’s former Chief of Staff is a lifelong Republican. McMullin is a life long Republican and also was a House Republican policy director. Several other Republicans have endorsed and donated to McMullin. Just because a portion of donations to McMullin comes from Democrats, doesn’t make him one. Also, Romney is clearly conservative. Your litmus test is clearly Trump loyalty when you say he is not, not conservatism. You neglect to acknowledge, plenty of Republicans also have supported and endorsed McMullin.

I know I know. ONLY one side of the political spectrum can like someone for them to be legitimate. I don’t agree. Representatives should represent their constituents, and McMullin would represent Utah far better than Lee.

McMullin is fully willing to debate Lee on Fox News. Lee has time for a segment with Hannity twice a week, but not to appear with his opponent? He’s such a conservative certainly he can defend his record on the most friendly network on television to him in a debate on Fox right?
Romney is not conservative. He is only looked at as conservative because Mormons will vote for whoever is running Republican. He is a Black Lives Matter a55 kiss.

Romney is not conservative. He is only looked at as conservative because Mormons will vote for whoever is running Republican. He is a Black Lives Matter a55 kiss.
Romney votes conservative line 90% of the time. And guess what? Black lives do matter.

Is Jon Huntsman Jr a partisan hack? He just endorsed Mike Lee.

Is Jon Huntsman Jr a partisan hack? He just endorsed Mike Lee.
I think it's more about their mutual history and paying back political favors. This is an interesting read...

I think it's more about their mutual history and paying back political favors. This is an interesting read...

Isn’t that basically what any political endorsement is about…paying back political favors?

My mentioning of this is just to show 1-eye’s absolutism in this thread has always been wrong and always will be.

The largest partisan hack I see here is 1-eye. He tries to conceal it, but the context of years and other forums reveal his true intents. He’s no friend to Utah.

Isn’t that basically what any political endorsement is about…paying back political favors?
Probably the majority. If it's not a payback, you can be sure they're expecting reciprocity in the future.

I've already said I think Lee wins, but I'll say the same thing on MM that I said to my FIL, a big Lee supporter, "Isn't it sad that after 12 years as our Senator that he can't run on a single accomplishment? He's not talking about his success record or the good he's done for Utah, he's saying we should vote for him because McMullin is a secret liberal or because there needs to be a Republican from Utah to help control the Senate.

Mike Lee's two biggest arguments aren't even about himself and what he thinks he's done to deserve reelection, he's focusing on attacking others and saying he should be reelected by default since if he loses then Biden wins. That's a really sad place to be for an elected official after 12 years in the Senate."

We've seen the same arguments regurgitated here.

I think Utah can do better, which is why I said above that I'm glad that it's close enough that Mike Lee feels the pressure. Maybe he'll take his job a little more seriously this time and actually do something positive for the State of Utah.

I Do Agree With You grizzly!

But They Both Are Using The Same Tactics Which are CUT-THROAT!

Here We Are Again Voting For Lesser Of Evils!

WAFJ!

I'd Like To Agree With You on:

"""Maybe he'll take his job a little more seriously this time and actually do something positive for the State of Utah."""

Not a Chance!

If He Wins,Nothing F'N Changes!

Probably the majority. If it's not a payback, you can be sure they're expecting reciprocity in the future.

I've already said I think Lee wins, but I'll say the same thing on MM that I said to my FIL, a big Lee supporter, "Isn't it sad that after 12 years as our Senator that he can't run on a single accomplishment? He's not talking about his success record or the good he's done for Utah, he's saying we should vote for him because McMullin is a secret liberal or because there needs to be a Republican from Utah to help control the Senate.

Mike Lee's two biggest arguments aren't even about himself and what he thinks he's done to deserve reelection, he's focusing on attacking others and saying he should be reelected by default since if he loses then Biden wins. That's a really sad place to be for an elected official after 12 years in the Senate."

We've seen the same arguments regurgitated here.

I think Utah can do better, which is why I said above that I'm glad that it's close enough that Mike Lee feels the pressure. Maybe he'll take his job a little more seriously this time and actually do something positive for the State of Utah.

It would have worked out alot better for McMillin would have just challenged him for the republican ticket? Why go independent if your really a Republican? Doing that was a BS game IMHO.

I would have taken him more seriously.

It would have worked out alot better for McMillin would have just challenged him for the republican ticket? Why go independent if your really a Republican? Doing that was a BS game IMHO.

I would have taken him more seriously.
Short answer -

Because conservative is an ideology, Republican is a registered political party. They're not mutually exclusive.

Long answer -

Because there was no chance of getting out of Convention as the Republican nominee. If he gathered signatures, he would've still lost in the Primary and it would be over. It was a road to nowhere.

His only option to be on the General Election ballot was independent or third-party. I guess he could've gone for the Democratic ticket, but he isn't a Democrat and would've lost at their Convention for being too conservative and, even if he somehow was the Democratic nominee, he would've certainly lost in the General Election.

The only viable option for him to even make it slightly competitive was the path he chose. He ultimately will not prevail, but he made it close enough that millions have been spent by both sides trying to move the needle and Mike Lee has been forced to play defense about his lack of accomplishments over the last 12 years.

Fox News even offered to send Brett Baier to Utah to host a second debate between them - that never would've happened if Lee were running against the typical Democrat doormat nominee. I like the competition, I think it's good for democracy.

Nobody said they didn’t matter dummy, but the truth is the organization doesn’t. It’s a terror organization, lawless.

vote Mike Lee
Okay? And? All Mitt Romney did was March in support of black lives. Meanwhile, Utah can’t go a week without a story about some racist incident. Maybe in 2022 stuff like this shouldn’t be happening in our state and maybe we do need a racism discussion a lot more often. Welcome to Halloween night in Cedar City in the year 2022(I know you’d think it is a 1960’s clip):

My mentioning of this is just to show 1-eye’s absolutism in this thread has always been wrong and always will be.

The largest partisan hack I see here is 1-eye. He tries to conceal it, but the context of years and other forums reveal his true intents. He’s no friend to Utah.
I’m just honest about Utah. Some don’t like discussions on these things. You want to hide them and pretend they aren’t a real thing. The racism discussion is a prime example. Nope…no need to discuss the racism issues in the state…even when 3 kids dress up in blackface in prison uniforms in 2022 and stroll through Cedar City’s Walmart. There ain’t a week that goes by there’s not some embarrassing or gross racist incident in this state that ends up viral or national news. It IS a problem here and ignoring something doesn’t make it better. I love Utah. And it could and SHOULD be a better place for people who aren’t of the dominant race, religion, or political affiliation.

As far as partisan hackery? Well Nilla, I vote for a very wide variety of candidates. Mike Lee will never be one who gets my vote for a variety of reasons.

Oh and PS I voted for Jon Huntsman during the Governor primary. His endorsement doesn’t sway me in the least, and I’d vote for Jon again if he runs for anything in the state.

Last edited:

It wasn't just that Trump grabbed you by the ***** but that it was full of sand when he did it.

Oh and PS I voted for Jon Huntsman during the Governor primary. His endorsement doesn’t sway me in the least, and I’d vote for Jon again if he runs for anything in the state.

So you were wrong in saying Lee has only partisans endorsing him?

So you were wrong in saying Lee has only partisans endorsing him?
How am I wrong lol? Jon Huntsman is also a Republican and Lee endorsed him for Governor (which was the most damning part of Huntsman’s campaign for me btw), they’re personal friends, and this is him paying back the political favor. Lee does only have partisans endorsing him. Lee has no broad coalition of support, people from one party support him. Even his internal polls are struggling to get him to top 50% voter support in the state of ruby red Utah. What will save Lee is simply the fact he is a Republican and the current political climate, not because he’s a good Senator with a broad coalition of support.

@Vanilla remember when we had the whole racism discussion on UWN? This dude did his best to embrace Utah when he got here, went to everything from BYU, Ute, to Utah State games….and within 5 years decided all the racism here wasn’t for him. I know it’s more convenient to ignore it, but it’s a problem here.
ACF81161-3819-4AA5-B130-8828E3C0AE93.jpeg

So Huntsman is a right wing partisan now? Ha!

Your ignorance and refusal to admit when you are wrong are truly unmatched. (Well, there is one on this forum that matches but he doesn’t come to the Utah forum, THANKFULL!)

Can’t wait until next Saturday when 1-eye doesn’t have anything to post over anymore.

@Vanilla remember when we had the whole racism discussion on UWN? This dude did his best to embrace Utah when he got here, went to everything from BYU, Ute, to Utah State games….and within 5 years decided all the racism here wasn’t for him. I know it’s more convenient to ignore it, but it’s a problem here.

That’s interesting, I thought the Jazz moved on from him?

Can we ship you to Ohio as well?

That’s interesting, I thought the Jazz moved on from him?

Can we ship you to Ohio as well?
Danny Ainge when asked if Donovan asked for a trade: “I’m not going to discuss our personal conversations”. Idk, if you followed him on social media it was really clear Donovan was fed up with racism in the state and representing a place he felt didn’t represent him at all, even when he tried hard to embrace it. Or maybe Vanilla you could just stare at some hard truths in the face with the state instead of wanting to push away any conversation that might improve the problem.

So Huntsman is a right wing partisan now? Ha!

Your ignorance and refusal to admit when you are wrong are truly unmatched. (Well, there is one on this forum that matches but he doesn’t come to the Utah forum, THANKFULL!)

Can’t wait until next Saturday when 1-eye doesn’t have anything to post over anymore.
Idk what your thought process is here. I didn’t say Huntsman was right wing. I said Mike Lee has support directly along a partisan line and he does. Only Republicans support him. Seems like you’re completely obscuring the point here. Does Mike Lee have endorsements from anyone outside his own party?

If you weren’t such an ignorant bigot it would help the problem.

You’ve got no clue what others on this forum do or what their backgrounds are. Quit trying to label everyone to fit your own idiotic and hypocritical narrative. You are the second most hateful person I’ve ever interacted with on any forum.

This is a hunting forum, not your personal political and hate filled soapbox. Tell us about your hunts this year, or get lost. Either way, I’d be happy.

If you weren’t such an ignorant bigot it would help the problem.

You’ve got no clue what others on this forum do or what their backgrounds are. Quit trying to label everyone to fit your own idiotic and hypocritical narrative. You are the second most hateful person I’ve ever interacted with on any forum.

This is a hunting forum, not your personal political and hate filled soapbox. Tell us about your hunts this year, or get lost. Either way, I’d be happy.
I don’t need anything to fit my narrative. It’s proven week in and week out with embarrassing story after embarrassing story. Notice how there’s always several more every time we have the discussion? Probably because it’s a problem. When 3 kids can walk into Walmart in 2022 feeling comfortable with being dressed in blackface and prison uniforms….your community might have an ignorance and racism problem.

As for me? You sure feel the need to interact with me a whole hell of a lot. You’re on my ignore list. How about you put me on yours too? You insert yourself into conversing with me. Don’t want to? Don’t interact with me. You’re free to hit ignore, or not to reply, but you never seem to be able to help yourself.

I'm on your ignore list? You sure see a lot of my posts for being on your ignore list!

Well done, Captain. We can all aspire to only be a religious bigot like you, instead of racists like the rest of Utah's population...allegedly.

I don't put people on ignore lists, because I'm not a snowflake. I respond when I want to, not when I have to, like you.

One day you'll post an actually hunting related post on a hunting forum. Actually, no...you probably won't. I know I won't be holding my breath waiting for that day!

I'm on your ignore list? You sure see a lot of my posts for being on your ignore list!

Well done, Captain. We can all aspire to only be a religious bigot like you, instead of racists like the rest of Utah's population...allegedly.

I don't put people on ignore lists, because I'm not a snowflake. I respond when I want to, not when I have to, like you.

One day you'll post an actually hunting related post on a hunting forum. Actually, no...you probably won't. I know I won't be holding my breath waiting for that day!
I see your posts on my threads in which I hit “show ignored content” because you can’t stay off anything I post despite how little you claim to want to interact with me.

As for religion, we’ve had that discussion. As for racism? It’s a problem in the state and ignoring it doesn’t make it less so. I know the dominant attitude is “turn a blind eye to it” in the state, but I’m not going to. Also…alleged? There’s video proof of that one. But yeah, you’d for sure cry “alleged” if blackface wasn’t staring you in the face on video there too huh?

Also, you absolutely are a snowflake. You’re on my ignore list for a very specific reason. Now as you requested a long while back. Do not interact with me. I do not want anything to do with you replying to me anymore.

Hit the ignore button, and stay off my posts. Don’t reply to me, don’t interact with me. You’re on my threads, I ain’t on yours.

Last edited:
As for racism? It’s a problem in the state and ignoring it doesn’t make it less so. I know the dominant attitude is “turn a blind eye to it” in the state, but I’m not going to. Also…alleged? There’s video proof of that one. But yeah, you’d for sure cry “alleged” if blackface wasn’t staring you in the face on video there too huh?

Funny how a small group of idiot teenagers doing something everyone would agree is very inappropriate makes the whole state racist. (Which is what I said, so you can spin your own words all you want, but not mine.)

I'm an idiot

We all agree.

Funny how a small group of idiot teenagers doing something everyone would agree is very inappropriate makes the whole state racist. (Which is what I said, so you can spin your own words all you want, but not mine.)

We all agree.
Vanilla…again, you try to deflect. It’s incident, after incident, after incident. A great young kid came here embraced this community and gave a lot to kids at games and decided after 5 years the racism here was too much for him, so he quietly asked for a trade out of a community he didn’t feel comfortable in or representing. As you’ll see by his latest twitter like. This isn’t isolated, and it’s damning that those teenagers feel totally comfortable walking in Walmart dressed in blackface and prison uniforms. They shouldn’t feel comfortable at all doing that, yet in 2022 they do and think it’s funny. Now, let’s wait a week for the next embarrassing racist event that goes viral from Utah. May not even take that long.

Again, why you still replying? You’re on my ignore list because you said not to interact with you snowflake. Take yourself up on that offer and stay out of my replies and threads.

View attachment 91895
How does some stupid teenagers and any claims of racism have anything to do with Senator Lee or McMullin race?
You used one of the most self centered self entitlement guys (Donovan Mitchell) as an example of utahs racism.
Ask Karl Malone calls Utah Home, ask Bryon Wilson did call Utah home might have moved, ask Deron Williams calls Utah home the place he has said he has never felt more welcomed than in utah, ask Thural Bailey (member of the LDS faith) calls Utah home.
Good Democratic move when you have lost the argument claim racism.

I see your posts on my threads in which I hit “show ignored content” because you can’t stay off anything I post despite how little you claim to want to interact with me.

As for religion, we’ve had that discussion. As for racism? It’s a problem in the state and ignoring it doesn’t make it less so. I know the dominant attitude is “turn a blind eye to it” in the state, but I’m not going to. Also…alleged? There’s video proof of that one. But yeah, you’d for sure cry “alleged” if blackface wasn’t staring you in the face on video there too huh?

Also, you absolutely are a snowflake. You’re on my ignore list for a very specific reason. Now as you requested a long while back. Do not interact with me. I do not want anything to do with you replying to me anymore.

Hit the ignore button, and stay off my posts. Don’t reply to me, don’t interact with me. You’re on my threads, I ain’t on yours.

That is the most moronic childish post that I have ever read!

Vanilla…again, you try to deflect. It’s incident, after incident, after incident. A great young kid came here embraced this community and gave a lot to kids at games and decided after 5 years the racism here was too much for him, so he quietly asked for a trade out of a community he didn’t feel comfortable in or representing. As you’ll see by his latest twitter like. This isn’t isolated, and it’s damning that those teenagers feel totally comfortable walking in Walmart dressed in blackface and prison uniforms. They shouldn’t feel comfortable at all doing that, yet in 2022 they do and think it’s funny. Now, let’s wait a week for the next embarrassing racist event that goes viral from Utah. May not even take that long.

Again, why you still replying? You’re on my ignore list because you said not to interact with you snowflake. Take yourself up on that offer and stay out of my replies and threads.

Second most moronic childish post!

How does some stupid teenagers and any claims of racism have anything to do with Senator Lee or McMullin race?
You used one of the most self centered self entitlement guys (Donovan Mitchell) as an example of utahs racism.
Ask Karl Malone calls Utah Home, ask Bryon Wilson did call Utah home might have moved, ask Deron Williams calls Utah home the place he has said he has never felt more welcomed than in utah, ask Thural Bailey (member of the LDS faith) calls Utah home.
Good Democratic move when you have lost the argument claim racism.

That is the most moronic childish post that I have ever read!
This is more of a me and Vanilla thing and the fact he can't help but post and reply to me, is on my ignore list, yet still persists to interact with me even after he said he didn't want to interact with me. Don't want to? Then don't. And Vanilla knows full well why he's on my ignore list and maybe he should be the one staying out of my mentions and threads. So to answer your first question, it doesn't.

Also, why exactly is Mitchell entitled? Because you don't like what he has to say? Because he doesn't agree with you? He gave away shoes, routinely attended local sporting events, donated meals to an entire school district during covid, and quite frankly treated fans and especially the youth here VERY well while he was here. But he was over the racism, and I don't blame him at all for that. As for Karl , Deron, etc. Deron has also posted on his IG story several times talking about racism in the state. Thurl has passionately defended Donovans stance on the issue here in the state. Idk if you've watched many Jazz games but Thurl flat out said on broadcast, if you can't appreciate what he (Donovan) is trying to do in the state(in regards to racism) then maybe you shouldn't get the enjoyment of watching him play. Big Dawg also defended him on his social media when he was getting turned off by the racism in the state and said he fully had his back. Maybe if it quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Just because there's good things about Utah, doesn't mean there isn't bad things about Utah. Utah's racist reputation....is earned. Week after week, incident after incident. Denial always feels more comfortable. I get it.

Last edited:
Racism is everywhere, are you that dense? It's all where you take it, you either rise above it or get twisted with it. Thurl rose above, Donovan took the easy route and complained and left.
2 vastly different men who delt with the same perceived issues very differently.

Race/religion/gender/whatever. It's not going away, we just need to work together to make it better.

It's just that some of the above just cry a little louder.

Racism is everywhere, are you that dense? It's all where you take it, you either rise above it or get twisted with it. Thurl rose above, Donovan took the easy route and complained and left.
2 vastly different men who delt with the same perceived issues very differently.

Race/religion/gender/whatever. It's not going away, we just need to work together to make it better.

It's just that some of the above just cry a little louder.
“Racism is everywhere” is a pathetic way to engage the racism in our state and communities. Yeah it’s everywhere, and Utah is (correctly) seen as one of the most racist places in the country. As I said, Thurl point blank stated on broadcast if you couldn’t support what he was trying to do for racism issues in the state while he was here, you shouldn’t get the benefit of watching him play. And guess what? Now you don’t. I don’t think addressing racism is that big of an ask, but it sure riles people up to mention it’s a problem. If you’re tired about talking about, imagine how tired those who experience it are of experiencing it in our communities? Thurl’s on my side, not yours.

As for crying, yeah….it’s not like a very specific race/religion don’t hold all power in the state of Utah is it?

Btw implying someone should stick it out or “rise above it” and it’s on them to just ignore the racism here is a…really backward way of looking at it imo. How about this, how about we make our communities less racist and more inclusive of everyone. It’s not on people to just deal with the racism in our communities.

I’ll vote for Mike Lee, again. Can’t afford to waist a vote on a non-chance write in. I’ll do what I can with Lee and Federal Land later. Won’t let Federal Land issue dictate a bad choice who’s controlling the reason of the Federal Government. Will pick a better GOP Senator next time, if they nominate one. Will never vote McMullin. Wouldn’t trust him to hold your beer!

Lee could very well loose this election. I’m not holding my breath on any kind of red tsunami in the national election.

Just a quick note:

A Lee pollster just called to see if I was going to vote for Lee. I said yes, and my wife too. BUT, I told the caller, you tell Senator Lee I’ll be looking for a better Republican Senator in 6 years if he doesn’t quite trying take Federal Land. Utah has Public land issues that need resolution at 69% Fed owner ship and under paid Federal Land compensation to the States but there are better solutions than selling it. They guy actually took the time to write it down……. Doubt it will help but it is in his notes somewhere.

Also, I thought he’d ask for a donation but never send anything about a contribution. Was very professional and polite, for that’s worth.

“Racism is everywhere” is a pathetic way to engage the racism in our state and communities. Yeah it’s everywhere, and Utah is (correctly) seen as one of the most racist places in the country. As I said, Thurl point blank stated on broadcast if you couldn’t support what he was trying to do for racism issues in the state while he was here, you shouldn’t get the benefit of watching him play. And guess what? Now you don’t. I don’t think addressing racism is that big of an ask, but it sure riles people up to mention it’s a problem. If you’re tired about talking about, imagine how tired those who experience it are of experiencing it in our communities? Thurl’s on my side, not yours.

As for crying, yeah….it’s not like a very specific race/religion don’t hold all power in the state of Utah is it?

Btw implying someone should stick it out or “rise above it” and it’s on them to just ignore the racism here is a…really backward way of looking at it imo. How about this, how about we make our communities less racist and more inclusive of everyone. It’s not on people to just deal with the racism in our communities.
Utah as the most racist? Head on down to the southeast. Have you ever been out of Mayberry?

Mcmullin should have taken Lee on in the primary. Win or lose as a Republican. Should have never took a bunch of blue money and kissed Bidens ring.

It did not work out for him so far?

I’ll vote for Mike Lee, again. Can’t afford to waist a vote on a non-chance write in. I’ll do what I can with Lee and Federal Land later. Won’t let Federal Land issue dictate a bad choice who’s controlling the reason of the Federal Government. Will pick a better GOP Senator next time, if they nominate one. Will never vote McMullin. Wouldn’t trust him to hold your beer!

Lee could very well loose this election. I’m not holding my breath on any kind of red tsunami in the national election.

Just a quick note:

A Lee pollster just called to see if I was going to vote for Lee. I said yes, and my wife too. BUT, I told the caller, you tell Senator Lee I’ll be looking for a better Republican Senator in 6 years if he doesn’t quite trying take Federal Land. Utah has Public land issues that need resolution at 69% Fed owner ship and under paid Federal Land compensation to the States but there are better solutions than selling it. They guy actually took the time to write it down……. Doubt it will help but it is in his notes somewhere.

Also, I thought he’d ask for a donation but never send anything about a contribution. Was very professional and polite, for that’s worth.
I can appreciate this attitude and especially that you gave your input on your issues with his approach to federal public lands. Good on you.

Utah as the most racist? Head on down to the southeast. Have you ever been out of Mayberry?

Mcmullin should have taken Lee on in the primary. Win or lose as a Republican. Should have never took a bunch of blue money and kissed Bidens ring.

It did not work out for him so far?
I said one of the most racist. It’s seen that way, and frankly you don’t have to look very hard to see that’s how plenty of people feel (especially black people who make up 2% of the population and have to deal with seeing nonsense like what took place in Cedar City and a new headline every week). Listen, I can appreciate Utah, but people here certainly want to bury their head in the stands on the racism conversation. The amount of backlash Mitchell got disgusted former players like Big Dawg(Antoine Carr) and others. Smith has been trying to change that narrative about the state, but it’s hard to do that when racist incident after racist incident continues making headlines week after week. Ignorance is an issue here, and blatant racism is too. Thurl geared up on broadcast when defending Mitchell, and the idea the dude who was giving away a pair of shoes every game, letting kids come on the court to shoot with him, attending high school sporting events, and signing people’s **** before and after games was so entitled is bogus. His attitude/want to be here took a turn when he was bombarded by idiots in his comment section, I can’t imagine what his private messages looked like on social media. Overall he and the Jazz handled his trade request exactly how both sides wanted. The “no one wants to play in Utah” thing, is very much derived from the fact it’s seen as the most racist place to play in the NBA. I get it, we all want to defend our home, there’s great parts about and people in this state, but there’s some major improvements that need to be made in some facets of our social norms here.

As for the race. McMullin took the most viable path possible. Things are too polarized to take the primary route. I don’t at all understand the excuse of not voting for him because he didn’t primary him however. You can still vote for him and against Lee right now.

Last edited:
One-eye, you are the most entitled little (insert whatever pejorative term here you want) alive.

You think you’re so important you get to decide who posts a reply on threads on a PUBLIC forum! How about this: you don’t want me to reply to your posts, quit posting insanely stupid stuff.

Nobody needs your partisan, one-sided worthless drivel. Take this to your anti-Utah chat rooms where you and the rest of the snowflakes can talk about how right you are, you bigot. Take it elsewhere, or you’ll continue to get called out for the faux objectivity and blatant bigotry that you espouse.

I’ll post on this thread when I decide it’s worth posting. You don’t get to decide that, sport. You keep talking about how I need to put you on my ignore list, yet you can’t even keep me on yours. Run and hide. Maybe tell a teacher that Vanilla called you out for the hypocritical bigot you are.

I said one of the most racist. It’s seen that way, and frankly you don’t have to look very hard to see that’s how plenty of people feel (especially black people who make up 2% of the population and have to deal with seeing nonsense like what took place in Cedar City and a new headline every week).

As for the race. McMullin took the most viable path possible. Things are too polarized to take the primary route. I don’t at all understand the excuse of not voting for him because he didn’t primary him however. You can still vote for him and against Lee right now.
He took a risk by not going the primary route as well as a bunch of blue money and a couple chapped lips from kissing the ring.

He lost before he started.

He took a risk by not going the primary route as well as a bunch of blue money and a couple chapped lips from kissing the ring.

He lost before he started.
The blue money thing is such a bogus lie. He does use Act Blue. Those donations come from a variety of individuals and backgrounds. They are individual donations channeled through the site, it is not money coming directly from the Democratic Party. As has been mentioned above, the best argument Lee has is to call his opponent who is a life long conservative is a leftist Democrat and it’s not even close to true. McMullin was on Fox News yesterday and vowed he WILL NEVER caucus with Democrats. He uses Act Blue because it’s a simple and easy way for his campaign to funnel his donations. I did add a little to my previous reply.

Browneye, there’s like 5 people following this thread, so give it up, yes your on the payroll, you gotta be.
a vote for anyone other than a republican in this election is a vote for a democrat.

Voting for a democrat, which is what he is, is saying you want:

More inflation
Higher interest
CRT in schools
Food shortages
Transgender
Less energy
More crime, already off the charts
More immigration
Higher taxes
More division
Less freedom

i could go on, this is what your saying, are you really this stupid?

we aren’t ??

Vote Mike Lee, help save the republic, yes this time it really does matter, and he is conservative, may not agree with everything but he’s a hell of a lot better choice regardless.

One-eye, you are the most entitled little (insert whatever pejorative term here you want) alive.

You think you’re so important you get to decide who posts a reply on threads on a PUBLIC forum! How about this: you don’t want me to reply to your posts, quit posting insanely stupid stuff.

Nobody needs your partisan, one-sided worthless drivel. Take this to your anti-Utah chat rooms where you and the rest of the snowflakes can talk about how right you are, you bigot. Take it elsewhere, or you’ll continue to get called out for the faux objectivity and blatant bigotry that you espouse.

I’ll post on this thread when I decide it’s worth posting. You don’t get to decide that, sport. You keep talking about how I need to put you on my ignore list, yet you can’t even keep me on yours. Run and hide. Maybe tell a teacher that Vanilla called you out for the hypocritical bigot you are.
Why are you still replying to me? Get out of my mentions. Have I cared what you’ve had to say so far? I remember how you acted about interaction with me on UWN snowflake, so please stay off my threads. You’re the one who was crying over interactions because they hurt your feelings. So stop running to my threads and replying to me. Piss off. You think using the word bigot is impactful in any way and it couldn’t be more funny lol.

The blue money thing is such a bogus lie. He does use Act Blue. Those donations come from a variety of individuals and backgrounds. They are individual donations channeled through the site, it is not money coming directly from the Democratic Party. As has been mentioned above, the best argument Lee has is to call his opponent who is a life long conservative is a leftist Democrat and it’s not even close to true. McMullin was on Fox News yesterday and vowed he WILL NEVER caucus with Democrats. He uses Act Blue because it’s a simple and easy way for his campaign to funnel his donations. I did add a little to my previous reply.
No it’s not bogus, he has more dem money behind him than any candidate ever has in Utah and you know it, I despise the people financing his campaign. Your condescending and arrogant, and a very poor communicator, and you have all the traits of those you demise in this thread, you just can’t see them for yourself, I feel bad for those that are around you regularly, you must wear their ass out.

guess what- you lose, his actions and his words are on record, not what we need more of…..

You’re a special little Chocolatestarfish…please jump on the reidout show and plead for your little Mike Lee tears…

The dude claims to have once been a Republican that turned Independent. Seems more far logical the he would use WinRed for his campaign donations than ActBlue and similarly use Independent or like minded Republican consultants than pay corrupt Democrat consultants. Dude is a closet Dem and is dishonest as the day is long. If he walks, quacks and is funded by dems he's a Dem.

Probably, and pathetic still. He’s had to spend $8 million, lie, and can’t even internal poll himself at more than 51% support. Not good for an incumbent Republican Senator in Utah who has a political climate fully slanted in his favor at the moment too.

The dude claims to have once been a Republican that turned Independent. Seems more far logical the he would use WinRed for his campaign donations than ActBlue and similarly use Independent or like minded Republican consultants than pay corrupt Democrat consultants. Dude is a closet Dem and is dishonest as the day is long. If he walks, quacks and is funded by dems he's a Dem.

It’s cute that you continue to share right wing rhetoric websites and think I should take them seriously.

It seems like a lot of starfish and bigot name calling and nobody convincing anybody of anything.

The thoughtful posts don't render the responses that the attack posts do though.

The sad thing, and this is a commentary on the state of politics and not this specific race, is that polling is moving to Lee and the comments to pollsters seems to show that voters are starting to share the opinions of the special interest attack ads that PAC's have been lobbing at McMullin.

My point here is that the out-of-state-funded attack ads DO work, they shifted perceptions of McMullin and, even more telling, of Lee. The fact that a two-term Senator that hasn't broken 50% approval rating in years is suddenly doing so shows it's the ad spend that moved the needle.

It's sad that attack ads are so effective as it keeps elections from being constructive, civil, and informative. With that, we all lose.

Umm... I think it has been fairly "respectful" in a MM way?
I agree……. Mostly respectful. A Political Thread invites ranker, Camp Fire invites various opinions. Pull the Political Tread and let the guys visit on the Camp Fire. Not a bad strategy……. Let it ride.

It seems like a lot of starfish and bigot name calling and nobody convincing anybody of anything.

The thoughtful posts don't render the responses that the attack posts do though.

The sad thing, and this is a commentary on the state of politics and not this specific race, is that polling is moving to Lee and the comments to pollsters seems to show that voters are starting to share the opinions of the special interest attack ads that PAC's have been lobbing at McMullin.

My point here is that the out-of-state-funded attack ads DO work, they shifted perceptions of McMullin and, even more telling, of Lee. The fact that a two-term Senator that hasn't broken 50% approval rating in years is suddenly doing so shows it's the ad spend that moved the needle.

It's sad that attack ads are so effective as it keeps elections from being constructive, civil, and informative. With that, we all lose.
True, the ads do work by exposing in one way or another a lot of things on both sides but it’s also that people realize we are in a bad way and understand more fully the consequences of voting for the wrong candidate.

I don’t even care about the politics of this. I’ve already said I don’t like Mike Lee, never have.

I’m not going to let one-eye pretend he is something he’s not. He had no moral high ground, and is a bigoted idiot. He stands on a high horse lecturing everyone he looks down upon and despises. He’s a loser. Always has been, and while he always doesn’t need to be, my money is on him always being one.

Why is he reading all my posts he claims are on his ignore list?

If he's not a democrat how did he get the democrats to not run a candidate against him? The dude will be whatever he needs to be to further his own Career. You could expect the same from hi. If he was in the senate, he will vote for whatever position gives him more political clout.
Exactly. You should share that with the author of the Deseret News article, so he’d have the answer to his great question mark.

If he's not a democrat how did he get the democrats to not run a candidate against him? The dude will be whatever he needs to be to further his own Career. You could expect the same from hi. If he was in the senate, he will vote for whatever position gives him more political clout.
Exactly....if the senate ends up 50 GOP and 49 Dem and Mcmuffin......where will he caucus with the most power??

$8 million later and Lee can barely crack 50%. His polling is pathetic for a Republican incumbent who just spent out his ass on what should be a safe seat for him. He had to work reeeeeeally hard and Republicans had to spend more money than they’ve ever had to spend in Utah just to get him to 50 or 51% which is the highest even his internal polls have gone. Lee is a pathetic Senator who has done nothing for the state and has nothing to prop up except calling his opponent a leftist….which he is not close to. But you’re right.

Exactly....if the senate ends up 50 GOP and 49 Dem and Mcmuffin......where will he caucus with the most power??
He’s only on record 50 times saying this isn’t the case, but those club for growth ads say so, so it must be true!

Really pretty simple. Mike Lee is such a **** Senator, Democrats are willing to back a pro life, life long conservative to replace him. Lee is answerable to no one. McMullin would have to work….hard to keep his seat for a second term and would have to side with Republicans or he would be a one term Senator. The idea he’s going to vote with Democrats is asinine delusion. He’s trying to get elected and stay elected. He’d vote with Republicans 80+% of the time and I’d bet all my savings on that.

Probably doesn't mean too much since it's a right wing propaganda machine, but....
Wow, $8 million(record breaking for the state) a smear campaign, pulling every national partisan endorsement out of his ass, going on Fox News and calling McMullin a leftists twice a week. And you got 53%? Congrats Mike. No one likes you, and the only thing saving you is the R next to your name, and the current political climate. You suck at your job.

Hey that's partisan BS you can't use that site. ?

Just beating oneye to the punch
I’m fully aware Lee is in the drivers seat, but not for good reason. He sucks. 53% for an incumbent Republican in the current climate in Utah says he sucks. Enjoy 6 more years of Lee doing absolutely nothing for the state.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom