Only Here For A Short Time

Tikka

Long Time Member
Dogs are so good for a human soul and only here for a short time... 2 years ago today I put down one of the best dogs I ever had Waylon... Today my boys big hearted Hank passed on... He is heart broken, and I am for him...

So long Hank, til me meet again!
5.jpg
6.jpg

So sorry! I agree there's no better friend than a good dog and when they pass it really is like losing one of your closest family members.

So Sorry to hear. I had to put down my lab of 13 years, 1 year ago. I never thought it could be so hard. I dont know who cried more, me or my wife and kids. Definitely not easy at all. My dog was amazing hunting partner. Shed hunter. Bird hunter of all kinds. And an all around amazing dog. We should be given more time with them, that is for sure!

Sorry for the loss bud, and to your son also. A good dog, I mean a real good one, seems like a once in lifetime deal. I had one of those once, you dang sure never will forget them !

Yes, so sorry for your loss. They definitely don't last long enough. I'ma lab guy and put down my boy Rancher last December, Dang, It's tough.

Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. Lost my boy, Chester, on Sunday morning after a sudden illness.

Sorry for your loss. I will never understand why dogs don't live longer. As I get older the relationship I have with dogs is priceless. Hopefully better days ahead.

Sorry for your loss, dogs are like kids to me. They say a dog ages 7 years to the year, so my little dude will be 77 in April. Not looking forward to the day he goes. I try not to even think about it because I know I’ll be devastated.

Thanks y’all for the thoughts and comments…
It’s been a rough day around here… These dogs as y’all know do so much in so little time…
Hank was barely over a year old, so it makes it a little different, he had so much more to give…. we’re glad for the little time we had with him..,

Thanks y’all for the thoughts and comments…
It’s been a rough day around here… These dogs as y’all know do so much in so little time…
Hank was barely over a year old, so it makes it a little different, he had so much more to give…. we’re glad for the little time we had with him..,
Losing a dog before its time is extra awful. That really sucks.

I haven't had a dog for years. In this day and age I can't own a dog the way I grew up owning a dog.

You used to go walking around with a dog and he would be free to do whatever. You would call and he'd come load back up in the bed of the truck. He would ride there below freezing happy as can be.

Now everyone keeps their dogs on leashes and walks around with little baggies of poop. The neighbors call the cops if it gets below 40 degrees and they see a dog in a kennel outside. Smack your dog and they send the rescue squad.

Dogs are so good for a human soul and only here for a short time... 2 years ago today I put down one of the best dogs I ever had Waylon... Today my boys big hearted Hank passed on... He is heart broken, and I am for him...

So long Hank, til me meet again!View attachment 133357View attachment 133358
I’m so sorry to hear about your losses. I know what you are feeling and it sucks. My dog is such a big presence in our home & she’s getting up in the years. It’s not easy at all.

Sorry for your lose Tikka. It hurts.

I don’t know how a man can own livestock without a dog. But for regulations I’d say the same thing for hunters.

All five of our children own dogs, of all varieties. All loved equally well by their families.

I’d have to stop and think how many great dogs our family has lost over these many years, some from old age some from more tragic events. None go down easy.

Here’s to great memories and better days ahead.

Sorry to hear that. I know it hurts.

I always figured if a guy could have one good wife and 5 dog life
he'd be a happy man. I lost my fourth good dog this summer and I don't think I got it in me to raise and train the fifth one. Ain't got over loosing #4 yet.

You'd think it'd be easier when your older to loose one but it seems worse to me.

Wishing you and your boy(s) happier days ahead for the rest of 2024

So long Hank, til me meet again!View attachment 133357View attachment 133358
My kids are in trouble when it comes to the dogs they truly are family sorry for your loss

The lord shorted us on that one. A good dog never lives long enough! But I do see he has good taste in dogs. Hank is a beautiful bearded beast ! If I remember right you are a lab guy ?

The lord shorted us on that one. A good dog never lives long enough! But I do see he has good taste in dogs. Hank is a beautiful bearded beast ! If I remember right you are a lab guy ?
Yes, I’m a lab guy but that Drahtaar sure did make me and my wife think about getting one… I believe my wife has taken it harder than my boy or I…
Here’s
IMG_0991.jpeg
Hank and Willie on a recent trip to SD with @Gator and @Bluehair…
It was a great time!

We've had several great dogs ourselves. Rufus, Casey, Hershey to name my favorites. Great dogs bring great memories. Lucky to have had them and sorry those have moved on but looks like they had great lives with your family.

I remember every single one of my dogs that passed away. From Buck in the 60s to Picasso from just 2 years ago. They are all still better at loyalty and faithfulness than most humans.

The only thing worse is losing a human loved one. Don't know if they'll be in heaven or not, but I hope so! The hardest part about getting a puppy is knowing how soon they'll be gone. They sure are called man's best friend for a reason. Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom