Pheasant club

What state and what part of the state. I am also looking to go to 1 here in Utah. I am looking for a fair price with good birds. I have been to a place in Payson area of Utah a few years back and on a few birds, we picked them up and threw them to get them to fly, but we also got bonus birds they did not charge us for.

But yes, I am also looking for a place with birds from 15-18$ range.

I've been to a few pheasant clubs I've been to one called 4 mile don't want to go there anymore it's too expensive. I don't think I want to drive as far as hatt ranch but maybe somewhere up north. Pheasant clubs just become so expensive nowadays I need to find a different one that's not so expensive that has decent birds.

Being an old feed store guy, the price of high protein gamebird feed has tripled in the last fifteen years or so. Add in the incubation, brooding costs and time involved, it will only be a little cheaper towards the end of their shooting season if excess birds are still at hand.

4 mile has always been one of the more reasonable ones, what are they charging now? There are lots of wild birds to hunt right now. I hunted chukars and huns today, with good success.

I've hunted Earl's place for years. I've also hunted several other clubs around Utah. You have to hunt where you'll have the most fun. Even if you find a club that's a few bucks cheaper you'll likely spend more on gas to get there. Sounds to me like you're trying to add pressure or send a message to Earl about his pricing. Why don't you call him and ask why his price increased to $22? While you're at it, it would be cool if you dialed six other hunting clubs for their pricing. Then you could post your findings here and help others also. Remember that hunting isn't just about killing stuff. It's also about creating good memories with family, friends, and hunting dogs.

@troutluver, I've hunted Earl's place since he opened and know and like Earl and his club very well. Hell, I even helped put trusses on his cabin. I've had a lot of fun hunting his club for years with family and friends too. I don't think BigSimps is singling Earl's club out, probably just looking for somewhere a little cheaper (since times are tough and money is tight now). Most people don't have deep pockets any more and can only afford to go pheasant hunting once or twice a year (other than the general hunt). Where did BigSimps say that it was all about killing? I'm sure you don't know him from Adam. This is just my two cents.

Last time I checked, hunting clubs are open because people want to kill Birds. We all know wild pheasants are limited. But as Shummy pointed out, if you can't afford the high prices and still want to kill something, hell I don't know, go chukar hunting?

"Last time I checked, hunting clubs are open because people want to kill Birds."

I never heard such a thing!

We hunt wild birds, Duck, Geese, Quail, Dove, Chucker, and yes even the occasional wild Rooster, when we want to hunt and kill birds. We go to Clubs, and only go to the clubs, during off season when we want or need to work our dogs.

That's just my friends and i and we're blessed with a ton of bird hunting in Kali but we certainly don't hunt clubs and pay stupid high prices to just to kill birds. It's all about the dogs!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

You said it perfect Joey. That is what hunting clubs are supposed to be about.

Utah has such a wide variety of wild birds, and such generous seasons, that you can literally hunt them from August until the end of February. With a bit of diligence, its pretty easy to have a successful hunt. I haven't gone to a club in over 10 years, unless they call me to guide, and then I don't shoot.

I would be happy to show anyone that's interested in hunting birds the ropes! I would also like to invite anyone that would like to see some of the best bird dogs in the country to come out to the Utah chapter of NSTRA's trial in Newton, Utah on December 7th and 8th. There will he some SERIOUS bird dogs there competing, and some great trainers as well. My dogs will be running, and I will be judging one of the days. We also have room for a few more dogs if you would like to give it a try! It's a blast, and a super good bunch of folks attend.

As a committed bird hunter in Ne. I commend you Shummy on your willingness to help others. I always enjoy bringing a newcomer in to try bird hunting. Have a good season or what's left of it.

I go out to Pleasant Valley Reserve (Hickens) by Roosevelt once a year w a friend. The people out there have always treated us well and they have all types of different cover. Birds are $22-$25 if I'm not mistaken.

I like North Fork Pheasants. A great place to hunt. The birds are $25. Great land and nice lodging. Look it upp online.

Pick any cheatgrass covered hill with rocks in UT and you will find chukars. We moved 100 in 3 hours on Saturday! Wild birds all the way, I can hardly stand to go to a pheasant farm anymore! :)

Go to Earl at 4 mile I go there a lot and if you get the punch pass you get a better deal than just buying birds every time you go and you can also get some chukars and wild birds in there to.

You should read before you try to writee.
Pheasant Grove Hunting Preserve
4230 North Highway 13
Corinne, UT 84307
(435) 744-2284

Does anybody know much about Wahsatch winging clay? I met one of the guides yesterday at RC Willys he seem like a nice guy trains and guides out there at the club. and thanks for the input guys!

I am actually going to Wasatch Wing and Clay on Wed. I will let you know how it is. I am going with some people from work that are members out there. They have mentioned how good it is out there, so I am excited to go and to work my dog. I am going to video my dog and the hunt with the Gopro, so I am excited to see how it turns out. If interested, I will see if I can post the video here. I have talked to a few guys about my dog and how neet it is to watch him work, and how well I think he does. So I guess the video might be proof.

We hold a lot of our trials out there. I think it was a better place when Brian Beckstead was running it. I wouldn't personally send a dog there to be trained, but it is a very nice piece of property.

I had a bad experience at this club. I don't want to be rude, by frankly the cover was bad and so were the birds and the guys running the show. Maybe things have changed with new ownership. I plan to never hunt there again.

>I had a bad experience at
>this club. I don't want
>to be rude, by frankly
>the cover was bad and
>so were the birds and
>the guys running the show.
>Maybe things have changed with
>new ownership. I plan to
>never hunt there again.

They have changed, to a certain amount. Cover is great now. Don't know about their birds, as we always bring our own when we hold a trial out there. Again, I wouldn't have them train a dog...

We have several members of NSTRA who raise birds, and we try and support them. It takes about 350 birds to hold a two day trial. Most of the guys I run dogs with raise their own birds for training purposes. If you need some to train with, I can probably set you up.

try Pig's Pheasant Club, there in Gunnison....birds were $19 for pheasant's and $15 chukars....

>sorry my bad.. thought their was
>an l their.
>you from up north troutluver?

You in salt lake snowsnblues?

$15 bucks for chukars?? You realize the hills are full of em! And they are free! :)
DSC_0260-001.jpg

Find places that look like this!
DSC_0224.jpg

And they produce this!
DSC_0045-1.jpg

My favorite hound.
woodster.jpg

But seriously anyone in the Utah county or SLC county area that would like to go chase some wild birds just pm me. I go a couple times a week and we have a good time!

I'll put a plug in for my parents club. They run Muddy Road Outfitters in Benson, Utah. They are about 7 miles west of Logan. They don't charge membership fees and you just pay for the birds you order. Birds are $15 for mixed bag pheasants, $18 for straight roosters. Chuckars are $12. Cover is made up of farm fields along Cutler Reservoir and the Bear River. They leave all types of cover for people who don't have dogs to thick stuff that will challenge any dog. Scenery is beautiful and my Mom and Dad really take care of their hunters. Their website is below my signature or you can call them at 435.753.3693. Call ahead, as they fill up weekends fast. Thanks for the chance to plug Muddy Road.

HAZMAT

www.muddyroad.net

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom