Post One Photo Per Day

Evening sun. Smoke from Canada was causing this effect (WI).
IMG_7936.jpeg

Correction to my previous post. The yellow flowers are False Lupine, or Golden Banner. It is a legume like lupine, and is toxic to cattle.

Meanwhile, the general consensus around here is we currently have about half the deer we usually do.
L1550480.jpeg

Took a short ride in the ol Bronco yesterday out to one of the nearby trashy and rundown homesteads we have around here. They had a decent view of the Abajo’s (L) and La Sal’s (R) though. :cool:
L1560337.jpeg

Bonus pic of the Great Kiva. Those are kachina-like stone figures on the floor, but they are upside down because its easier to see from this side. Pretty impressive hole.
L1560390.jpeg

Against my better judgement, a couple more pics of our nearby pueblo. I won’t name it and hope the locals don’t either. It’s still one of the few national treasures that isn’t completely under lock and key. Unfortunately the screens were added to the covered kiva a few years ago in response to a lone vandalism event.

A portion of the ruin is covered to protect it from the elements.
IMG_5785.jpeg

L1560367.jpeg

Gnarles year 1. Didn't see him the next year, but saw him the following 3 years after that. He was never as big as the first year. He's gotta be at least 5? He looks too mature to be a 4 yr old, at least to me (an untrained biologist). Bonus pics cuz I'm a such a busy guy I don't have time to get on here much! :p

IMG_0855 copy.jpg

IMG_0858 copy.jpg

IMG_0869 copy.jpg

IMG_0872 copy.jpg

IMG_0889 copy copy.jpg

No, just passing through. Hit Glacier, on up to Waterton, then Canmore. ALL absolutely gorgeous!
It is scenic country. Out of all of them, Glazier, Waterton, Banff and Jasper……..Waterton is my favorite. Quiet and empty by comparison. Beautiful lakes and mountains, right in town. Cheap lodging and meals…….. by comparison. Golf course is nothing compared to Banff’s but a third the price and the bears might compete with you for your Titlest on any one of the greens.

If you ever get a chance, Highway 40 that starts just west of Blairmore and comes out a little east of Canmore is one of the most beautiful drives in the Rockies. Some of its is still gravel but very drivable.

Spot on. You’ll find this funny. Last time we were up by Canmore, we were headed down to Pincher Creek. My co-pilot (wife) was navigating. Well, she ended up selecting the route with gravel/seasonal roads. Yep, you guessed it 40! Has to be most “awe” inspiring road I’ve ever traveled.

Didn’t notice before, the background is obscured. What’s up?
I just blurred out my address on the shed. I wouldn't want some of these archery guys to know where these bucks winter. People do stupid things on the front and pressure these deer in the neighborhoods. This is Wasatch Front buck. This large buck came down into my backyard twice , once around Halloween and around Thanksgiving. I've seen larger bucks. This particular buck was cruising ,looking for does. He's the biggest bodied deer I've seen around here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom