Steak on a hot stone?

Trix4me

Very Active Member
First time for almost everything. Who else has tried this? Okay by me but the ribeye went from raw to well done too fast. I prefer not to eat a good steak that quickly.

2450C6DB-6C76-4C66-A014-234869213B9D.jpeg

I think when Black Rock Grill started this, it was kinda quirky thing, but meant more for their signature thick filets. I do a similar thing on my little cast iron pans. Heat them to 550 degrees on the grill, put the meat on and a hot griddle press on them, then turn off. Serve on the iron at about 175-200 to keep hot.

I had a fillet at Ruth’s Chris that was cooked that way and wasn’t disappointed!?. I have a 30X20 cast iron griddle and a good sized griddle press that I’ll try your method on as soon as the snow is gone and I can make it to the cabin. Yup thanks for your expertise

Most of the griddle presses are 6-9". Just perfect to use in a cast iron frying pan, so you can throw in some sprigs of thyme and a big pat of butter. Brown butter seared steak would make a believer out of a vegan!!!

Bought this Himalayan salt block a few years ago. Actually works pretty good. It comes with directions which should be heeded. Start at a slow and low heat. Increase it gradually. Work it up to grilling temp and then slap the steak on there for a couple of minutes each side. Works out well. Impresses the hell out of dinner guests.

Most of the griddle presses are 6-9". Just perfect to use in a cast iron frying pan, so you can throw in some sprigs of thyme and a big pat of butter. Brown butter seared steak would make a believer out of a vegan!!!
10 X 10. I’ve got a 16” cast iron frying pan. Perfect

E8A49EA9-4016-46C0-B6EF-9094EAF40F17.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom