Tech #2

We discussed asking the hunter specific questions on a survey.
We all agreed and yes assumed a hunter of any weapon is not going to indulge true information on a long range kill.
of course some will lie or not share full information, but others won't. Some info is better than none, which is what we have right now and this committee and the WB are potentially going to make changes based on ZERO reliable info (anecdotes from several dudes on a committee and message boards do not count as reliable information)

of course some will lie or not share full information, but others won't. Some info is better than none, which is what we have right now and this committee and the WB are potentially going to make changes based on ZERO reliable info (anecdotes from several dudes on a committee and message boards do not count as reliable information)
So am I safe to assume you are an avid muzzleloader hunter?

If yes, why are you so adamant on needing a variable scope on your rifle?

If not, discard question.

Nope - not a safe assumption. I am primarily a bowhunter, but will hunt with any legal weapon allowed if it gives me a chance to get in the field and will adapt to whatever the laws are. I own all and use all depending on the opportunity.

Having said that, I do not support making changes just for change sake. If changing a muzzy hunt to only allow for 1x scopes or no scopes at all really moves the needle on saving our herds then I will be all for it, but show me with real data and not with anecdotes by guys who are hoping to hunt bigger deer in the future.

To be perfectly transparent, I want more deer/elk and I want bigger bucks and bulls, but I am not sure making a bunch of tech changes on weapons (outside of the obvious ones that go beyond the line - e.g., infrared imaging, real-time transmitting cameras, etc.) will make any difference at all.

I can only speak for myself, but if you take my scope off my muzzy, I will still kill the same percentage of animals as before, just may have to work a little more, which I am fine with. However, there are many who are not as committed as you or I whose accuracy will suffer and they will wound more animals than before. Isn't that counterproductive to the overall goal of increasing our herds and the overall pie. Let's do the right thing, not just some things a few feel overly passionate about.

Nope - not a safe assumption. I am primarily a bowhunter, but will hunt with any legal weapon allowed if it gives me a chance to get in the field and will adapt to whatever the laws are. I own all and use all depending on the opportunity.

Having said that, I do not support making changes just for change sake. If changing a muzzy hunt to only allow for 1x scopes or no scopes at all really moves the needle on saving our herds then I will be all for it, but show me with real data and not with anecdotes by guys who are hoping to hunt bigger deer in the future.

To be perfectly transparent, I want more deer/elk and I want bigger bucks and bulls, but I am not sure making a bunch of tech changes on weapons (outside of the obvious ones that go beyond the line - e.g., infrared imaging, real-time transmitting cameras, etc.) will make any difference at all.

I can only speak for myself, but if you take my scope off my muzzy, I will still kill the same percentage of animals as before, just may have to work a little more, which I am fine with. However, there are many who are not as committed as you or I whose accuracy will suffer and they will wound more animals than before. Isn't that counterproductive to the overall goal of increasing our herds and the overall pie. Let's do the right thing, not just some things a few feel overly passionate about.
Well said!!!

What about limiting the transportation tech? Larger roadless areas, closing half the ATV trails during hunting seasons or street legal vehicles only.
I am all for that, but that's a different entity than this one specifically for technology

So there is some self proclaimed sage that gets to define what muzzleloader hunting is?

This is like saying an avid bowhunter can't use a release aid...

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom