They got $10 this time

ColdBore

After a good bit of deliberation, I opted to just pick up an elk LE point for this year, and sit it out.

Maybe things will look better next year, but I was almost afraid that I *would* draw this year and regret it.

As for deer, I just passed totally. I have plenty of General points to draw anywhere, and not enough LE points to even hope, so again, I'll see how next year looks.

I got off cheap this year.

Good luck to everybody else who now gets to wait forever for the draw results!

Serious comment here, don't take it wrong. I realize everyone has their reasons, but sometimes I can't justify it , unless schedule just won't allow it. Confused when people don't apply for permits, and just buy a bonus point. Why not apply for the absolute "best tag in the state" for both LE and OIL, then get the bonus point when you don't draw. The price is the same. The worst that could happen would be to have an incredible hunt!!

Between a dry year possibly making for poor conditions, and a couple things that may get in the way, I just didn't want to take the chance of drawing a tag in a year when I wasn't fully committed to hunting, and if I did draw, possibly looking at a tough year on the animals.

So it made more sense to take the safe route, pick up a point, and stay on the sidelines. With my luck, the year that I didn't really want to draw would be the one that I did!

Sounds like you thought it out. Usually, I just adjust my season choices to fit my schedule, and then roll with it. If I would be too busy, then I put in for the "Impossible Dream" hunt :)

Sounds like you thought it out. Usually, I just adjust my season choices to fit my schedule, and then roll with it. If I would be too busy, then I put in for the "Impossible Dream" hunt :)
Blank
My hunch is you’re going to draw that limited entry deer this year.

That would sure be something, and hope either you or I do. It's been a long span putting in for a resource that has been elusive!!

The “dry year” conversations make me laugh every year during the winter application period. It’s the moisture we get May-July that really effects growth. This is why I love Arizona point guard! Draw a tag and turn it in after watching good/bad horn growth but lose nothing but a small fee.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom