UTAH DRAW

Congratulations on the youth tag.
Can I borrow your wife’s 6.5 needmore, Jackson hole belt buckle and possibly your wool cap with the drop down ears? We are going into the high country so need to look the cryoming way. Bear spray or the pistol? Also do you know of any reputable outfitters it’s in the wilderness? Just want to make sure we are in practice for when we draw the wilderness up there. Wish me luck I’m trying to get my first big game animal.

How
I just love it when you put in for a tag to be with your boys archery hunting and then both of your boys don't draw a general archery tag and I do! Stupid system.
You can’t be with your boys even though you don’t have a tag?
I know a ton of people that make that work, including myself.

I just love it when you put in for a tag to be with your boys archery hunting and then both of your boys don't draw a general archery tag and I do! Stupid system.
I’ve had the same problem. My solution, staggered tags lets you hunt with your boys nearly every year which turns out better for us.

No wonder those bulls get so big in Utah. No one gets to hunt them except those who can buy tags every year.

Does this bought and paid for tag come out of the NR or resident quota? Asking for a friend....

Screenshot_20240520_131724_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
No wonder those bulls get so big Utah. No one gets to hunt them except those who can buy tags every year.

Does this bought and paid for tag come out of the NR or resident quota? Asking for a friend....

View attachment 146310
There is a lot of truth to this post. I think it is a landowner tag. Whats crazy is they paid who knows what for the tag and I always wondered if they didn't recoup their money and make a bunch of money, does someone in the company just get the tag and then it becomes a business expense

You Don't Think They Are Doing It To Lose Money,Do Ya?

There is a lot of truth to this post. I think it is a landowner tag. Whats crazy is they paid who knows what for the tag and I always wondered if they didn't recoup their money and make a bunch of money, does someone in the company just get the tag and then it becomes a business expense

I think this could cause a problem in the future, people wanting to sell/buy half their points. I’ll be 63 come September I have 20 points as of today and I have on average 16 to 17 points for all the other animals. Now at best I might be able to draw an elk tag but that’s still not a safe bet. So if I drew an elk tag next year we all know there’s no way I’d draw another tag in my life time so why not sell them.
Just for conversation if one would draw with someone with a lot of points and once he has those points could he hook up with another guy with even more points to increase his chances even more?

Last edited:
I think this could cause a problem in the future, people wanting to sell/buy half their points. I’ll be 63 come September I have 20 points as of today and I have on average 16 to 17 points for all the other animals. Now at best I might be able to draw an elk tag but that’s still not a safe bet. So if I drew an elk tag next year we all know there’s no way I’d draw another tag in my life time so why not sell them.
Just for conversation if one would draw with someone with a lot of points and once he has those points could he hook up with another guy with even more points to increase his chances even more?
Founder could help......wait wrong state ;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom