6.19 a gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for Ukranian people and what Putin is doing to them is criminal. I see that people are focusing on Ukraine heartbreak which I feel too. The only problem is so many think that the fuel price is ok because we are supporting those people. Then they want to shame me if I say the fuel price is Bidens fault. They fell right into this mindset when in reality it could have been different if the correct course would have been kept in place.

I feel for Ukranian people and what Putin is doing to them is criminal. I see that people are focusing on Ukraine heartbreak which I feel too. The only problem is so many think that the fuel price is ok because we are supporting those people. Then they want to shame me if I say the fuel price is Bidens fault. They fell right into this mindset when in reality it could have been different if the correct course would have been kept in place.
You’re currently watching the United States get out smarted by Vladimir Putin. China will by all tbe oil that guy can pump. And we’ll continue to slit the throats of the American middle class in the name of “ sticking it to him”

1646839137398.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SS!
Yup. This was a first for me. What in the actual flying $%#& Brandon. :mad:
View attachment 70458
When gas went over $2 a gallon I said we would never see $1 a gallon again, then it went over 3 and everybody was so happy when it dropped back down into the 2 range. They make it hurt so bad that when they reduce to even a high price everybody is happy and seems to settle. Now if it goes over 5 and 6 dollars a gallon for a while will we be happy and settle when they drop it down in the high 3 dollar range. They know what they are doing, as always follow the money.

8FDCA41A-15AD-4A01-B28E-6A16D11D41C1.jpeg

Santa Rosa, Ca this morning. Forgot to check the Chevron station down the road which is usually a lot higher. And we have a road tax increase coming in a few months. ??

In the words of Willie and Merle:
“It’s all going to pot
Wether we like it or not
The best I can tell
The worlds gone to hell
And we’re sure gonna miss it a lot”

Why haven’t we or even the World punished China yet? After all they killed over a million U.S. civilians and millions of people around the World with their release of Covid! Like always follow the money…
World economy. Kinda like what happens to a mom and pop store when a new Walmart hits town. Except china id Walmart and we are a 400 lb single mom of four standing in line with our food stamps. How embarrassed our grandfathers would be…

You’re currently watching the United States get out smarted by Vladimir Putin. China will by all tbe oil that guy can pump. And we’ll continue to slit the throats of the American middle class in the name of “ sticking it to him”
Obviously you don't know how much oil we import...
US is the world's number 1 oil producer.. how ever we exceed our capacity so we need to import about 3 million barrels a day to meet our needs..
You worried about 7 or 8 bucks a gallon for fuel by a Prius.
Jester

Obviously you don't know how much oil we import...
US is the world's number 1 oil producer.. how ever we exceed our capacity so we need to import about 3 million barrels a day to meet our needs..
You worried about 7 or 8 bucks a gallon for fuel by a Prius.
Jester
We buy Russian oil and sell weapons to Ukraine, we are kind of funding both sides of this war. What we should be doing is selling fleets of Prii (plural for Prius) to Ukraine so they can fight the Russians and save a few bucks at the same time. They could mount their .50 calibers on top of the Prius like the Taliban does on Toyotas. Plus they will be able to sneak up on the enemy seeing how quiet those cars are. Might need a squad of battery reinforcement but we can cross that bridge when we get there. What do you think?

Gas was $4.59 at Fry's (Kroeger) in Phx. yesterday. With her points, my wife paid $4.39 per to fill her Elantra.

I paid $4.75 for diesel today. Almost a dollar higher than the last time I got fuel 3 weeks ago.

Batteries for a Tesla cost about $22,000. You can buy a lot of gas for $22,000. Plus you won't be spending half your life waiting for a charge.

Phone batteries, car batteries and most every system with batteries uses Lithium. When Slippery Joe says US will have 80 % Electric car batteries by 2030 it is a very stupid thing to say. We buy Lithium from Africa and South America but China owns the mining rights. Not good in any way.
gas_pump_prices-1024x771.jpg

Phone batteries, car batteries and most every system with batteries uses Lithium. When Slippery Joe says US will have 80 % Electric car batteries by 2030 it is a very stupid thing to say. We buy Lithium from Africa and South America but China owns the mining rights. Not good in any way.
View attachment 70801
The largest lithium mine is in the startup phase right here in the US. I believe it’s projected to burn around 28k gallons of diesel per day When it hits stride

Diesel was $4.79 at the 7/11 where I was filling up and $5.59 right across the street at Chevron. By this afternoon, the 7/11 manager probably bumped his up to $5.59 to join in the pillaging.

20220310_122915.jpg

There's a reason that Warren Buffett just made Occidental Petroleum nearly 10%-owned by Berkshire Hathaway just last week with a $5 Billion investment.

The energy companies are screwing us, not unlike the pharmaceutical companies do. They have an inelastic product that we can't live without so they can charge virtually whatever they want with no incentive to lower the price or be competitive with each other.

I don't have the answer, but I feel we need energy independence both from foreign countries as well as from the oil companies. The only way to keep them honest is if we had somewhere else to go. I'd love to be able to go electric for my vehicle, the technology just isn't there yet.

Diesel was $4.79 at the 7/11 where I was filling up and $5.59 right across the street at Chevron. By this afternoon, the 7/11 manager probably bumped his up to $5.59 to join in the pillaging.

View attachment 70810

There's a reason that Warren Buffett just made Occidental Petroleum nearly 10%-owned by Berkshire Hathaway just last week with a $5 Billion investment.

The energy companies are screwing us, not unlike the pharmaceutical companies do. They have an inelastic product that we can't live without so they can charge virtually whatever they want with no incentive to lower the price or be competitive with each other.

I don't have the answer, but I feel we need energy independence both from foreign countries as well as from the oil companies. The only way to keep them honest is if we had somewhere else to go. I'd love to be able to go electric for my vehicle, the technology just isn't there yet.

Although I don't disagree fully. I'm curious, did the energy companies just start getting greedy last Jan.?

Would you sink billions into a drilling operation in this country? With this regime in charge? I wouldn't.

But I'm with you, if I could get an EV truck that tows and hauls in mid February, I'd look at it. Sure would have been nice for Brandon to walk and chew gum at the same time. Seems like EV is responding to market demand(EV pick ups), not sanctions on domestic oil.

The buggy went away, because Henry Ford made it. Not because we sanctioned horses.

cool the higher it goes the more my energy stocks gain.
im hopeing for 12 bucks a gallon by summer
i drive tesla so gas prices do not affect me
This sums up the thought process of the left. Just like they want to hurt Putin by shutting down his pipeline and stop other countries from buy oil from him......so what they are saying is that shutting down pipelines hurts an economy? Hmmmm

Would you sink billions into a drilling operation in this country? With this regime in charge? I wouldn't.
Public Land drilling was actually very low under Trump; more drilling permits were issued the first year of Biden than the first year of Trump by 35%. Also, more permits were issued last year than each of the first three years of Trump. That proves they don't drill or not-drill based on who's in charge, they do it based on economic factors.

Screenshot_20220308-182046_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't say this to get political, I bring it up to say we SHOULDN'T be political about this, so please don't turn this into a political discussion as it's clear Founder doesn't want it here.

During the two years of the pandemic our worldwide consumption fell and now we don't have enough oil being pumped to keep up... just like with everything else. The oil companies are using geopolitical strife to justify jacking up the prices, they'll make a killing while we get screwed.

Last edited:
Public Land drilling was actually very low under Trump; more drilling permits were issued the first year of Biden than the first year of Trump by 35%. Also, more permits were issued last year than each of the first three years of Trump. That proves they don't drill or not-drill based on who's in charge, they do it based on economic factors.

View attachment 70831
I don't say this to get political, I bring it up to say we SHOULDN'T be political about this, so please don't turn this into a political discussion as it's clear Founder doesn't want it here.

During the two years of the pandemic our worldwide consumption fell and now we don't have enough oil being pumped to keep up... just like with everything else. The oil companies are using geopolitical strife to justify jacking up the prices, they'll make a killing while we get screwed.
20+ years in O&G on the development side in the Permian Basin. Right now, there is a 9 month backlog on getting casing from reputable mills. Drilling rig prices are up 20% or more since last year and finding a hot rig is very tough in this market. Lots of folks with permits in hand, but no means of transportation for product as there are no large pipeline projects in the works and several of the larger gatherers are at capacity. Even at the inflated current commodity prices, all service/material costs are climbing right there with the oil price. Most of the local sand mines are sold out for the year and that proppant is priced 3-5x what it was in the 4th qtr last year.
Lingering effects of the last couple years of covid and other global issues are definitely still hampering our operations.

View attachment 70831

Fun when you echo the talking points of the Whitehouse then say let's not get political.

Corporations did not suddenly discover greed. Be they oil producers or meat packers.

"Jacking up the price", is called MARKET.

We both know the game. It's years, if not decades between securing the lease, and being issued a permit. It's an open secret, permits are being slow walked in this admin.

This isn't a lease problem. Not even a permit problem completely. This is a result of a regime that ran on ending fossil fuels. And made good on that promise with Keystone. The oil companies would be fools to piss money down the drain, with an admin that offers little chance at stability.

Call it political if you want.

Most just call it inept leadership.

It's not lost on the market, in every arena, that those in charge, have zero actual experience in the market. Be they Biden, Harris, Mayor Pete, etc, etc, etc.

You get the government you vote for, GOOD AND HARD. We are there now.

View attachment 70831

So your saying that the arrogance of politicians to think they can centrally control the economy and turn it off and on whenever they feel(15 days to slow the spread) didn't work? I agree. The political class, should never be allowed to touch buisness.

We agree

We also agree that I don't want the west turned into one big drill site.

Last edited:

View attachment 70831

There are many more factors involved than just getting a permit to drill. UnderTrump oil and gas producers applied for more than 10,000 permits to drill for oil and gas on federal land here in New Mexico. Getting a permit is just a step in the process it doesn’t mean there is even oil in that permitted ground to retrieve. What I do know for certain is that under the 4 years of Trump here in New Mexico we were booming! There were “Now Hiring” signs everywhere, there was not enough housing in areas like Carlsbad, the construction industry was making money hand over fist along with the RV industry and you couldn’t find a single unoccupied room in any of the hotels, RV parks were at capacity, restaurants and grocery stores were packed, car dealerships were booming and adding lift kits and such to the trucks these young men like to drive and show off. McDonalds was offering $20 an hour in an attempt to get people to come work for them but you could make more money in the oil fields. The Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad were running trains 24/7 and hiring hundreds of people for high paying engineer and conductor and maintenance jobs. This place was booming, the money was flowing and people were happy. Not anymore, all the aforementioned doesn’t exist here now. Thousands of people have been laid off. Sad but true. Political? Appears to be….

There are many more factors involved than just getting a permit to drill. UnderTrump oil and gas producers applied for more than 10,000 permits to drill for oil and gas on federal land here in New Mexico. Getting a permit is just a step in the process it doesn’t mean there is even oil in that permitted ground to retrieve. What I do know for certain is that under the 4 years of Trump here in New Mexico we were booming! There were “Now Hiring” signs everywhere, there was not enough housing in areas like Carlsbad, the construction industry was making money hand over fist along with the RV industry and you couldn’t find a single unoccupied room in any of the hotels, RV parks were at capacity, restaurants and grocery stores were packed, car dealerships were booming and adding lift kits and such to the trucks these young men like to drive and show off. McDonalds was offering $20 an hour in an attempt to get people to come work for them but you could make more money in the oil fields. The Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad were running trains 24/7 and hiring hundreds of people for high paying engineer and conductor and maintenance jobs. This place was booming, the money was flowing and people were happy. Not anymore, all the aforementioned doesn’t exist here now. Thousands of people have been laid off. Sad but true. Political? Appears to be….
You’re not supposed to notice that

There is no AT&SF and hasn’t been for 25 years.

Last tread was toast before I could post this. But production of oil trumps ( ? ) permits any day.
EIA report

7AB4B078-A459-4CAB-9C89-5DA9EAA9F51F.png

It has been BNSF for a while now. ATSF was a totally different entity that is history. Warren saw to that.
Not sure how accurate it is, but...

"On September 22, 1995, AT&SF merged with Burlington Northern Railroad to form the Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF). Some of the challenges resulting from the joining of the two companies included the establishment of a common dispatching system, the unionization of AT&SF's non-union dispatchers, and incorporating AT&SF's train identification codes throughout. The two lines maintained separate operations until December 31, 1996, when it officially became BNSF."

Not sure how accurate it is, but...

"On September 22, 1995, AT&SF merged with Burlington Northern Railroad to form the Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF). Some of the challenges resulting from the joining of the two companies included the establishment of a common dispatching system, the unionization of AT&SF's non-union dispatchers, and incorporating AT&SF's train identification codes throughout. The two lines maintained separate operations until December 31, 1996, when it officially became BNSF."
Whoops, 26 years.;)

Last tread was toast before I could post this. But production of oil trumps ( ? ) permits any day.
EIA report

View attachment 70884
On your graph, Obama’s bump is bigger than trumps. Jus sayin.

Please explain to me how trumpy increased oil production. I doubt he’s ever even pumped his own gas. Probably because his hands are so small.?

EIA report

View attachment 70884
Let's zoom in on the last two decades...

Screenshot_20220312-172355_Gallery.jpg

US Oil Production plummeted more than 3M bpd by May 2020, we all know who was in the WH then. Let me guess, when it goes up it's because of president, when it goes down it's because of outside pressures. Unless it goes down when a Democrat is in office, then it's because of the president again.

It's clear that some people here aren't interested in understanding what's going on, they're "True Believers" and think something as huge and complicated as world commodity markets and macroeconomics can be simplified to a D or an R.

Those that are interested in truth and nuance may find this interesting.

View attachment 70958

US Oil Production plummeted more than 3M bpd by May 2020, we all know who was in the WH then. Let me guess, when it goes up it's because of president, when it goes down it's because of outside pressures. Unless it goes down when a Democrat is in office, then it's because of the president again.

It's clear that some people here aren't interested in understanding what's going on, they're "True Believers" and think something as huge and complicated as world commodity markets and macroeconomics can be simplified to a D or an R.

Pretty much what I already stated.

And we got the vaccine because we thought the government cared about us.

I think about all the good men who died in Vietnam, and Kerry didn't. SMH
You should talk with some of the brown water Navy guys who served near him.

That graft shows a very big jump in production during the 4 years that Trump was in office. Why is that? Does it relate to being oil independent as Trump stated? Does the drop in 2020 indicate that the market became saturated and the oil companies cut back to maintain a certain price per barrel?
RELH

View attachment 70958

Maybe it’s because people actually believe in what a President says, when Biden said he was going to close down the oil industry people took him at his word.

More misinformation about oil? I bet not.

I’ll take this one for you grissly.

Orange man bad!! Brandon good! You thunk you had money during orange man but you no had money, you no believe eyes you believe what me say!

How’d I do? Can I vote dem now?

Oh , damn it I almost forgot

Racists, racists, racist and racism!!!!!

#vaxed #stand with Ukraine!!!

Now I can vote dem. Whew

Iran shoots missiles at a US base in Iraq. While the Brandon administration hold nuclear negotiations with Iran! Iran will not speak to US diplomats. The US is using China and RUSSIA to negotiate on our behalf. Iran has a bounty on a former US president. Yea it's the orange guy.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ORDER A PRESIDENT THROUGH THE MAIL.

Dang! Seems too good to be true. 400 mile range. 660hp. 780 ft, lb. torque. Tow up to 20,000lbs. Extended bed up to 10' for my kayak.
Sounds awesome, but where do I plug it in when I’m on a two week elk hunt 6 hours from my house, camping at 10,000 feet, 25 miles off the highway and another 20 miles from a village!

Dang! Seems too good to be true. 400 mile range. 660hp. 780 ft, lb. torque. Tow up to 20,000lbs. Extended bed up to 10' for my kayak.
....you don't get 400 miles at max wattage.....both those numbers said at max wattage....

You might have to carry one hell of big gas fired generator. Darn you still are leaving a carbon imprint when you fire up that generator for a few hours of charging.
RELH

....you don't get 400 miles at max wattage.....both those numbers said at max wattage....
That's true but I only need a 140 mile range anymore. But I will not buy one until they offer 4WD. Hunt, fish, and haul firewood. Without 4WD they might as well put me in a nursing home.

That's true but I only need a 140 mile range anymore. But I will not buy one until they offer 4WD. Hunt, fish, and haul firewood. Without 4WD they might as well put me in a nursing home.
It's not 4wd?

I'm pretty sure they have motors front and rear....
Cool. Wish I could afford one, gas has gone up $2 a gallon here, since last summer.

Course, not sure what the price of petroleum products include transportation diesel, heating fuel oils for heating and electricity generation, asphalt and road oil, and feedstocks for making the chemicals, plastics, and synthetic materials that are in nearly everything we use, will go up to…………. if I go electric for the pickup, bring the Influence I know I am.

Course an e-Trike wouldn’t hurt much.

Do any of them Have Solar Panels?

Or Will That Luxury Come Later Down The Road in a Few Years for a Nominal F'N Fee?

Cool. Wish I could afford one, gas has gone up $2 a gallon here, since last summer.

Course, not sure what the price of petroleum products include transportation diesel, heating fuel oils for heating and electricity generation, asphalt and road oil, and feedstocks for making the chemicals, plastics, and synthetic materials that are in nearly everything we use, will go up to…………. if I go electric for the pickup, bring the Influence I know I am.

Course an e-Trike wouldn’t hurt much.
hundreds of millions of people would die within a few months without fossil fuels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom