Wolf release map.

Where is Little Red Ridding Hood when you need her. She could lead them right out of the state!

You will never see that book in a school going forward. It’s not PC

it seems the biggest objection to wolves is their potential impact on elk and deer herds. definitely a concern of mine, too. in that vein, what are people's thoughts on continued expansion of O&G operations on the Grand Mesa and their impact on wildlife?

it seems the biggest objection to wolves is their potential impact on elk and deer herds. definitely a concern of mine, too. in that vein, what are people's thoughts on continued expansion of O&G operations on the Grand Mesa and their impact on wildlife?
Biggest objection for me is the total lack of any iota of management. Plus they are now pushing to ban all cat hunting in the state, will really help our ungulates im sure… but any development into wild places tends to Jack up herd health, I will add that oil and gas pads, once they are in have less impact than say adding 100 miles of mountain bike trails like they are trying to do outside of steamboat… the constant unrelenting, hiking, biking, and backpacking, peak bagging, ect are far more detrimental long term to animals than something that maybe gets a truck on a road once a day

Last edited:
Was hunting in unit 62 in the 2000's. We had some guys from Michigan camped next to us around 2006. They told us they saw 3 wolves. They told the DOW about it and they said it was just big coyotes. They just laughed and said they were from Michigan and they know the difference between a wolf and a coyote.

My oldest took his hunter safety in 2014, and at his class they were calling them Alaskan malamute wolf hybrids that were released/escaped from the Telluride area. We all see'em, but I don't have a biology degree so what do I know.

Biggest objection for me is the total lack of any iota of management. Plus they are now pushing to ban all cat hunting in the state, will really help our ungulates im sure… but any development into wild places tends to Jack up herd health, I will add that oil and gas pads, once they are in have less impact than say adding 100 miles of mountain bike trails like they are trying to do outside of steamboat… the constant unrelenting, hiking, biking, and backpacking, peak bagging, ect are far more detrimental long term to animals than something that maybe gets a truck on a road once a day
recreation is definitely an impact, no doubt about that. but i dont think the impact on elk from O&G activity boils down to once a day road use. interesting study linked from Wyoming below indicating 43-50% habitat loss from O&G development.

and here is a more in-depth study with recommendations

Was hunting in unit 62 in the 2000's. We had some guys from Michigan camped next to us around 2006. They told us they saw 3 wolves. They told the DOW about it and they said it was just big coyotes. They just laughed and said they were from Michigan and they know the difference between a wolf and a coyote.
Trust me that there are wolves in 61/62 I’ve seen them more than once in 61.

Here we go. FKN BS is starting.

Hope it works
I hope the cattlemen prevail. I think it will be determined by the political leanings by the judge that hears the case, sorry to say.

you mean bitching on MM didn’t stop it? Makes sense the real wolves (public land ranchers) would be against wolves. Fugg em I hope they lose and their cows and sheep get ate by wolves

IMG_3672.png

Because Utah has significant expanses of desert that doesn't accommodate large apex predators. Just like southern Idaho and Eastern Montana. Utah is unique in having scattered islands of quality habitat, once they get there you're screwed. They're just not quite there yet. A few don't matter enough to get excited about, a few packs will wreck house.
Don’t kid yourself about desert areas. We have them in New Mexico and are expanding!!

you mean bitching on MM didn’t stop it? Makes sense the real wolves (public land ranchers) would be against wolves. Fugg em I hope they lose and their cows and sheep get ate by wolves
You're willing to burn the house down to get rid of the rats? Wow.

Some folks make money killing cows. They like cows.

Some folks make money killing wolves. They like wolves.

Folks that like cows don’t like wolves.

Folks that likes wolves don’t like cows.

Seems like if you follow the money it helps you understand a lot of folks likes and dislikes.

Well………….. it just seems that way to me.

01/19/24
3921c3bd-1f57-407f-9ba4-aa48f51be860.jpg
Travis Duncan
Public Information Supervisor
720-595-8294 / [email protected]

Colorado Parks and Wildlife secures source population of 15 gray wolves for reintroduction efforts from Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation

CPW plans for these wolves to be captured on tribal lands in eastern Washington during the capture season from December 2024 – March 2025.
eb3e9a03-1f00-41bd-00b4-2255985ad5d4.png
DENVER – In an agreement announced today between Colorado Parks and Wildlife and the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation, the tribes will be a source for up to 15 wolves for the Colorado gray wolf reintroduction effort. CPW plans for these wolves to be captured on tribal lands during the capture season from December 2024 – March 2025. The agreement between the state of Colorado and the state of Oregon to allow for the translocation of ten wolves this season has been successfully completed.

“We are grateful to the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation for working with our agency on this critical next step in reintroducing gray wolves in the state,” said CPW Director Jeff Davis. “This agreement helps CPW to continue to meet our unanimously adopted Colorado Wolf Restoration and Management Plan goal of translocating 10-15 gray wolves per capture season for a total of 30-50 wolves.”

"The Colville Tribes is very pleased to partner with Colorado Parks and Wildlife to restore the wolf population in Colorado,” said Chairman of the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation Jarred-Michael Erickson. “The Colville people strongly believe in preserving our environment, including its fish and animals. We are thrilled that our restoration efforts on our own lands have progressed far enough that we can share some of these magnificent creatures with the citizens of Colorado."

Tribal representatives will provide guidance to CPW on target packs, avoiding packs with known active chronic depredation behavior.

Between December 18 - 22, 2023, Colorado Parks and Wildlife fulfilled their statutory responsibility and successfully released 10 gray wolves onto public land in Summit and Grand counties. CPW will not capture and release more wolves in the current capture season, which runs until mid-March 2024. The next releases will not occur until the December 2024 - March 2025 capture season. Although the agency could release up to five more wolves this capture season according to its Wolf Restoration and Management Plan, the additional time will allow the agency to assess the releases in December and let CPW staff adjust to any increased workload of having wolves on the ground in Colorado, as well as allow time for the additional resources for CPW and the Colorado Department of Agriculture to support ranchers proposed in the Governor’s budget to become effective July 1.

“After an incredibly successful first release of wolves from Oregon last month, our focus will be on refining our internal processes, continuing the work we’re already doing to bolster our staff expertise and honing our notification structure so the public is well informed regarding release efforts, while also balancing the need for the safety and security of staff and gray wolves,” Davis said.

Visit CPW’s Stay Informed page and sign up for the Wolf Reintroduction eNews to stay up to date with CPW’s Wolf Restoration efforts.

###
Tweet
Forward
CPW is an enterprise agency, relying primarily on license sales, state parks fees and registration fees to support its operations, including: 43 state parks and more than 350 wildlife areas covering approximately 900,000 acres, management of fishing and hunting, wildlife watching, camping, motorized and non-motorized trails, boating and outdoor education. CPW's work contributes approximately $6 billion in total economic impact annually throughout Colorado.
3921c3bd-1f57-407f-9ba4-aa48f51be860.jpg
RIirzborG-SjI_6fb_8bAVAdYRzL9ZgZbkO4odN5lg=s44-p-k.png
325d0aba-e60a-4f10-03df-3b3d3373723e.png
EsT1HSzzCtqpzvnWQ7MH3SSG7jlGn6reTSI_hzo0gA=s44-p-k.png
fb3cc864-3d5a-4503-c4c9-dd72a3984a62.png
Copyright © 2024 Colorado Parks and Wildlife, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website to receive communication from Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

Our mailing address is:
Colorado Parks and Wildlife
6060 Broadway
Denver, CO 80216

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list
open.php

Dylan is sick of Polis' chit. Repeat offender going against the people and legislative wishes. See if the letter goes anywhere.

Since we kinda have a running storyline in this thread, I’ll put this here. If you get some time give it a look. LOTS of rare bi-partisan pushback at the legislative committee level.

I would cut and paste, but there’s really too much good stuff in there. Keep the heat on those legislators :)

Since we kinda have a running storyline in this thread, I’ll put this here. If you get some time give it a look. LOTS of rare bi-partisan pushback at the legislative committee level.
Gotta love this line:

"Putting wolves near ranches is paramount to putting a child predator in a grade school and expecting a different outcome," Holtorf said. "This isn't some fuzzy little bunny that we just released in the backyard."

And this one:

Rep. Matt Soper, R-Delta, asked how CPW will help visitors who come to Colorado and find themselves in conflict with wolves, and also how the division intends to keep tourists safe from wolves.
"We don't necessarily expect someone who's coming here from out of state to bring a firearm, though, I will tell you that makes sense," Soper said.

“Duncan said the total compensation for wolf depredations paid to date is $12,929.75 for eight animals (mostly cattle)“

It doesn’t say if this has been since the new wolves were released of was from some earlier wolves.

“Duncan said the total compensation for wolf depredations paid to date is $12,929.75 for eight animals (mostly cattle)“

It doesn’t say if this has been since the new wolves were released of was from some earlier wolves.
With only 12 or so any they ran up that tab in a few months… love to know what it will look like when there are a 1000 here… welfare pups will bankrupt the cpw

With only 12 or so any they ran up that tab in a few months… love to know what it will look like when there are a 1000 here… welfare pups will bankrupt the cpw
They denied payment for several livestock wolf kills stating the evidence that wolves killed all the cattle was not compelling enough.

They denied payment for several livestock wolf kills stating the evidence that wolves killed all the cattle was not compelling enough.
Of course they did. Otherwise every broke down old milk cow is going die by way wolf deprivation. These wolf reintroduction agreements are as worthless as a 3 dollar bill. When you open the gate, your screwed.

This will keep happening even more I have a feeling, a few will get paid but no way they will keep up with what is about to happen in the next few years. The voices will get louder and louder but not until they get into the "wrong" read this as "RIGHT" areas and kill a pile of pets will anything matter but it will be too late. Someone mentioned moose will suffer the most, I agree with that. That has been a success story about to go backwards.

I saw that. Any yet they’re only offering a $6500 reward from the poached desert sheep down in AZ. F’n nuts.
$6500 is plenty to get most hunters to turn in an acquaintance that poached a ram.

$50K might not be enough to get most hunters to turn in an acquaintance that poached a wolf.

The discrepancy makes perfect sense.

I live on Grand Mesa Slopes and I’m wondering where you are seeing much oil and gas exploration on Grand Mesa? There’s very little. Battlement Mesa has got a bunch of gas development especially on the I-70 side.

Lol the Colorado Government.... Tell us where you see wolves, don't tell anyone else where you see wolves and by the way we aren't going to tell the public anything about where the public has told us they have seen wolves.

Colorado has much bigger problems than their wolves. Their government's actions are a sign the state's real problems are just beginning.

Lol the Colorado Government.... Tell us where you see wolves, don't tell anyone else where you see wolves and by the way we aren't going to tell the public anything about where the public has told us they have seen wolves.

Colorado has much bigger problems than their wolves. Their government's actions are a sign the state's real problems are just beginning.
This is exactly what I've been saying. Any person with an ounce of common sense should be extremely pissed off about this. It's not about the wolf. It's about the liberal morons doing whatever they want to and however they want to do it. I will never understand how anyone on this site could be even remotely for this crap.

This is exactly what I've been saying. Any person with an ounce of common sense should be extremely pissed off about this. It's not about the wolf. It's about the liberal morons doing whatever they want to and however they want to do it. I will never understand how anyone on this site could be even remotely for this crap.
The land belongs to all, not just hunters. If the majority want wolves, which they did let it be. At least it went to a vote!

It’s going to be ok. You can still hunt and the tree huggers get a very low percentage chance of seeing a wolf. Chances are many couldn’t tell a coyote from a wolf.

I’m a hunter that supports wolf reintroduction. Rather a wolf than cows on the landscape in my opinion.

You can get angry at me and call me what you want. I don’t care.

The land belongs to all, not just hunters. If the majority want wolves, which they did let it be. At least it went to a vote!

It’s going to be ok. You can still hunt and the tree huggers get a very low percentage chance of seeing a wolf. Chances are many couldn’t tell a coyote from a wolf.

I’m a hunter that supports wolf reintroduction. Rather a wolf than cows on the landscape in my opinion.

Switch cows with domestic sheep. How many bighorns have died from domestic sheep??

I don't have it in me to get into an internet dustup with you today. And I'm not angry at you and I won't call you names, at least in this post. I would at the very least hope that you might have a little different outlook if you were a Colorado resident. So many things are being changed basically overnight by the California liberal invasion.

Let's see a picture of your pack with some animals in it. Oh, that's right....you don't post anything worth a fuk on here.

You just get on here and biitch about everything and cause ruckus.

Well done sir. Your probably 5'5 and 300 pounds. lol

I don't have it in me to get into an internet dustup with you today. And I'm not angry at you and I won't call you names, at least in this post. I would at the very least hope that you might have a little different outlook if you were a Colorado resident. So many things are being changed basically overnight by the California liberal invasion.
There is a lot of change in CO. You know it’s sad when they do a study and it correlates low calf survival in elk partially due to hikers etc.

You can’t keep the people out, lots of change everywhere, it sucks. I can only imagine the change you’ve seen in your day.

Let's see a picture of your pack with some animals in it. Oh, that's right....you don't post anything worth a fuk on here.

You just get on here and biitch about everything and cause ruckus.

Well done sir. Your probably 5'5 and 300 pounds. lol
You’re talking out your ass. I’ve contribute more hunting stories over the years than you ever will.

If you want some tips on setting up a pack let me know. Always happy to help. I thought I read you live in one of those back east chit box states so your ignorance is ok. Maybe GA? If so I have a local contact that could help you out. Or send me a PM. Willing to help, I don’t want you to hurt what little spine you have.

Last edited:
Prove it. Put up or shut up

Lips, you're the one who has a lot to prove. You haven't posted a single picture of yourself with an animal that I can ever recall. You just flap them gums.

Ya damn Wolf lover. That cracks me up Lips. lol

Lips, you're the one who has a lot to prove. You haven't posted a single picture of yourself with an animal that I can ever recall. You just flap them gums.

Ya damn Wolf lover. That cracks me up Lips. lol
Your memory must be as long as your pecker.

Here’s a screenshot with 3 pics of me with animals on this website:
IMG_0797.png

I'm in favor of changes in public land grazing where it's needed, but it's multiple use public land so banning it is stupid. read the Taylor Grazing Act and report back.

I’m more interested in preserving the Taylor Graving Act, in its current configuration. Opening up a can of worms to refine it could very easily go south on what I want for sport hunting and wildlife rights. I’ve had lots and lots of quarrels with the livestock land leeseers. I’ll still jump to support them because if the run them off, we’ll be the next in-line to remove.

I think the issue is SS! Is for the vast majority of the lower 48 we need cows on the landscape for the majority of the population to eat meat, we get rid of ranching, then what? Is everyone going to get an elk/moose/deer a year to keep their family fed with meat all while sharing said meat with wolf and lion populations? I get it you hate cows and sheep on public lands, I am not a giant fan but I realize that I like living in a country with grocery stores with meat on the shelves

Pretty sure there are states where cattle don't run or graze on public land
I agree, just not going to pretend like I hate on domestic stock when in reality that is what provides the most nutrient dense mass available food for the country and likely keeps everyone and his brother from hunting… maybe it would be a good thing if everyone hunted? Or maybe we would wait 15 years for a crappy tag in Co? On the bright side I think we wouldn’t have to even be talking about “un-huntable wolf populations” or bans on lions, bears, trapping, ect…

I think the issue is SS! Is for the vast majority of the lower 48 we need cows on the landscape for the majority of the population to eat meat, we get rid of ranching, then what? Is everyone going to get an elk/moose/deer a year to keep their family fed with meat all while sharing said meat with wolf and lion populations? I get it you hate cows and sheep on public lands, I am not a giant fan but I realize that I like living in a country with grocery stores with meat on the shelves
My issue is cows on winter range for mule deer, domestic sheep transferring disease to bighorns and…..stepping in cow patties while out on public land. Full disclosure we had cows on public land when we ran cows.

Nice shooting Lips. It still doesn't take away from the fact that your mouth runs like a goose's a$$hole. lol
Let’s see some of your hunts. PM is fine. You come across as a know it all. So let’s see it. You have all the answers so let’s see it!

I thought I saw you lived in GA. A hunting buddy that comes up every year lives in GA. I could have him meet up with you to teach you how to load a pack. Just let me know.

Let’s see some of your hunts. PM is fine. You come across as a know it all. So let’s see it. You have all the answers so let’s see it!

I thought I saw you lived in GA. A hunting buddy that comes up every year lives in GA. I could have him meet up with you to teach you how to load a pack. Just let me know.
Now I know you’re really full of $hit Lips!

You don’t have any friends. Lol

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom