Post One Photo Per Day

Made the trip down to tip of Texas to fish a bit. Will share some pics over the next few days. Today a bucket list snook caught across the bay from of Elon’s rockets.

IMG_7737.jpeg

IMG_7675.jpeg

DT came back the following year and had put on a bunch of bone! He's 8x8 scorable points. I came up with DT for a name based on the #88, which was Demarius Thomas' number for the Broncos, and he had recently passed away. He's either 4 or 5 this year, IMO as a trained wildlife biologist (armchair, of course). He also was very busy with the ladies!

IMG_9830 copy.jpg

IMG_9841 copy.jpg

IMG_9848 copy.jpg

IMG_9884 copy.jpg

IMG_0106 copy.jpg

IMG_0096 copy.jpg

DT came back the following year and had put on a bunch of bone! He's 8x8 scorable points. I came up with DT for a name based on the #88, which was Demarius Thomas' number for the Broncos, and he had recently passed away. He's either 4 or 5 this year, IMO as a trained wildlife biologist (armchair, of course). He also was very busy with the ladies!

View attachment 120824

View attachment 120825

View attachment 120826

View attachment 120827

View attachment 120828

View attachment 120829
One of my favorites of all time, and to think that he even got bigger the next year. Great pictures.

View attachment 120824

View attachment 120825

View attachment 120826

View attachment 120827

View attachment 120828

View attachment 120829
That last photo does him justice...Wow!

DT came back this past winter bigger than ever. He's only a 7x7 now, but his mass and overall frame and point length are incredible. He is officially a monster buck. Unfortunately, his right front leg appeared to be broken. My guess is he didn't survive winter, but who knows? One of my all-time favorite bucks!

IMG_3574 copy.jpg

IMG_3576 copy.jpg

IMG_3583 copy.jpg

IMG_3589 copy.jpg

IMG_3617 copy.jpg

IMG_3630 copy.jpg

IMG_3590 copy.jpg

This is Wild Bill. He never got a name until the following year because I figured him as a 3-yr old the first year I saw him. I always try to get pics of young bucks that look to have some trophy potential. The bucks I name usually have different names from the social media bunch. I don't pay much attention to that stuff. I video and take pictures all year long, and have been doing it for over 20 years on a regular basis. I name the bucks because when my buddy and I are discussing bucks, it's much easier to mention the name rather than trying to describe the nontypical that was in such and such basin in 2014. The name brings an instant image to the mind. I noticed this young buck had some trash, so I took a few pics. February of 2016.

022.JPG

024 copy.jpg

031 copy.jpg

034 copy.jpg

Looks like this thread is dying a slow death, lol. Wild Bill returned the following year to date a few ladies. He hadn't quite made it to his usual wintering grounds yet. I found him a few miles away, where the does tend to congregate during the rut, passing his genes. There was a lot of competition that year, many big bucks around in that particular area. He never made it to the wintering grounds that year. I never saw him again. I think he either got poached or killed by another buck. I witnessed that happen once-even got it on video. GW told me he usually finds 3-4 bucks every year that have been killed by other bucks. Wild Bill had grown into a magnificent buck. He lost some trash, but gained mass and length! I believe he was 6 years old.

IMG_8163 copy.jpg

IMG_8165 copy copy.jpg

IMG_8183 copy.jpg

IMG_8188 copy copy.jpg

IMG_8286 copy.jpg

Looks like this thread is dying a slow death, lol. Wild Bill returned the following year to date a few ladies. He hadn't quite made it to his usual wintering grounds yet. I found him a few miles away, where the does tend to congregate during the rut, passing his genes. There was a lot of competition that year, many big bucks around in that particular area. He never made it to the wintering grounds that year. I never saw him again. I think he either got poached or killed by another buck. I witnessed that happen once-even got it on video. GW told me he usually finds 3-4 bucks every year that have been killed by other bucks. Wild Bill had grown into a magnificent buck. He lost some trash, but gained mass and length! I believe he was 6 years old.

View attachment 124190

View attachment 124191

View attachment 124192

View attachment 124193

View attachment 124194
Don’t let it die!
You’re the best at it now!!
Wish that buck was in my unit!

Clyde was a mere shell of his former self the following year. He still wore himself out during the rut, just like the prior year. Interestingly, he wore a nasty wound on his right hind quarter in the exact same spot as he had one the previous year. I'm guessing he got gouged as he was trying to get away from another buck after a fight! He healed fine both years. He ruts hard, and each year broke off some points. He didn't come back after this winter, to my knowledge.

IMG_3427 copy.jpg

IMG_3147 copy.jpg

IMG_3163 copy.jpg

IMG_3214 copy.jpg

IMG_3357 copy.jpg

IMG_3485 copy.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom